Uesugi-kun wa Onnanoko wo Yametai - Ch. 1

Double-page supporter
Did somebody say Boku Girl 2?? Excited to see where this leads, MC talking about "being pidgeonholed into a gender stereotype" is not an egg thought at all, nope nope. Every manga I've read with this premise has left me BAWLING, so I'm sure there's a lot to look forward to! Thank you TL!

Dex-chan lover
gonna be honest really do not like Eito if only because of how he's obviously intimidating Noel into staying away from Uesugi. Like way to break up a friend group and make Uesugi spend all his time bothered about how he never gets to talk to Noel anymore because you can't keep your jealousy to yourself lmao.

Dex-chan lover
A shojo style gender bender story? We don't see that often. Gender Bender is getting more popular lately.

Dex-chan lover
A shojo style gender bender story? We don't see that often. Gender Bender is getting more popular lately.
It’s not a shojo style story, it is straight up shojo. The publisher is a shojo publisher, the manga screams shojo (pretty boys, little fanservice, big eyed girls). The fact that the girls have realistic bust sizes and are not titty monsters should make it obvious.

Supporter
Did somebody say Boku Girl 2?? Excited to see where this leads, MC talking about "being pidgeonholed into a gender stereotype" is not an egg thought at all, nope nope. Every manga I've read with this premise has left me BAWLING, so I'm sure there's a lot to look forward to! Thank you TL!

The premise is quite similar to Boku Girl, but it's a very different vibe in shoujo than seinen. Which is good, because these are middle schoolers.

It's also not as obvious about the protagonist's gender as Boku Girl, where the first chapter has Mizuki fantasize about wearing a fancy dress on sight and lovingly describe a girl with a strong undertone of "God, I wish that was me." ("Uesugi doesn't seem particularly like an egg." I say, while firmly believing he and Eito are both bisexual.)

And hopefully Uesugi-kun can go two volumes without making the love triangle incredibly lopsided.

Dex-chan lover
Pretty cute so far.

However Eito and Noel clearly dont like each other at all. Thats going to be a huge issue.

The death glare Eito was giving her and Noel seemed legit upset at her friend thinking she liked him (clearly wasnt in the way Keisuke thought). Clearly something happned that broke the friendship and Keisuke is surely the, completely innocent, reason between those two.

I wonder what path this series is going to go with Keisuke though, will the school/classmates just be told the truth or will it be a "fake cousin/relative" type thing with only a couple characters finding out as it goes on.

Dex-chan lover
Assuming that 1000 JPY bill was brand new (unlikely), Keisuke has 2 years at best to retrieve it before it gets destroyed beyond repair. I doubt that's enough time to find it and give a replacement 1000 yen bill to the new eventual holder of the specific bill Keisuke used.

Dex-chan lover
However Eito and Noel clearly dont like each other at all. Thats going to be a huge issue.
This story has been described as a love triangle in the raws - there's a lotta love and a lotta hate in those. The triangles, not the raws.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Chances where Uesugi ends up with Eito seems high imo but color me surprised if Noel actually wins (or poly even)!

I’ve read too many love-triangle mangas where the MC ends up falling in love with the person they weren’t in love with

Users who are viewing this thread