Uesugi-kun Wants to Quit Being a Girl - Ch. 7

Supporter
Has that been a month in the new body already? And to be away from home with no female guidance, poor girl.
Nothing says that Keisuke had to transform into a body that was at the START of its menstrual cycle. Also, pheromones will actually influence a woman's monthly cycle and can make it shift around--studies have shown that women who live together will tend to shift their cycles based on each others' menstrual cycles, so Keisuke's sister and mother could be influencing her body already.
I'm glad we're continuing to subvert the "got weaker because girl" thing--last chapter Keisuke was running around and being active like nothing was wrong, and all signs point to it's not a loss of muscle mass, just cramps suck.

Dex-chan lover
Oh...oh no.

Next chapter's not going to be a fun time.

---

But yeaaah Eito needs to relax. Understandable he feels left out now, though its only been one time he wasn't hung out with, but trying to monitor what Keisuke was up to is going overboard, especially when he already saw.

Wonder what he would have even said had Keisuke just told him they were with Noel...or what he would have said had Keisuke lied and said something else.

Dex-chan lover
Oof getting tired of "Girls are weaker" type shit in genderbend mangas. Glad it didn't linger much since the next situation was more interesting. Tired is a better excuse for not keeping up with Eito because yeah she did go all out yesterday and she even mentioned it in the same chapter that she is feeling that, why lead to "girls are weak" conclusion anyway.

Oof getting tired of "Girls are weaker" type shit in genderbend mangas. Glad it didn't linger much since the next situation was more interesting. Tired is a better excuse for not keeping up with Eito because yeah she did go all out yesterday and she even mentioned it in the same chapter that she is feeling that, why lead to "girls are weak" conclusion anyway.
To be fair in the hair chapter it was highlighted his body is affected by what his perception of what a girl is

Dex-chan lover
Just don't look so much into it?
I'll speculate as I please without permission or approval. I neither seek, want or am in need of either.

Besides the meaning in this case was already explained to me anyway, I'd suggest reading the whole thread.

Last edited:
That and something like FIVE TO TEN offline DMs in the course of one day??? My guy, get a hobby.

Also his user profile pic just being the number "88" :shamihuh: I hope that has some kind of specific story significance. Because, uh...

EDIT: Before anyone else replies, someone else explained the meaning in this thread. Just I advicse meet someone with an avatar like that being creepy, ghost them. Ghost them ASAP and don't look back.
But I kinda knew already in the back of my mind that "88" isn't as much of a yikes meme outside the English internet. In this case, it's just "Eito Eito".
What does this "88" even mean in your context. Am I clueless or something?

Dex-chan lover
It's... sometimes used as a dogwhistle online for the last letter in the alphabet, except not. You could say not Z.

I knew it was pretty unlikely that the author meant Eito was that bad. But to a western audience in the know, it's super yikes. If you're not in the know, that's a good thing. You aren't clueless just blessed.

Dex-chan lover
Hey, the body mass that goes into making boobs has gotta come from somewhere, why not muscles?

Moving beyond that, if we assume that a body is magically transformed from male into a female body of equivalent age and environment, the female version will have lower muscle mass than the male equivalent, particularly in a post-pubescent body where testosterone and estrogen have had their chance to do their respective tasks

It's not a sexist trope to recognize that there are defined physical differences between male and female bodies, not so long as one remembers that physical strength doesn't magically transform into worth as a person. If a character is magically retconned into a female version of their body without any drastic changes to said body (i.e the female version has somehow spent years doing double the training the male body has or similar) the female body is going to be weaker

Dex-chan lover
I'll speculate as I please without permission or approval. I neither seek, want or am in need of either.

Besides the meaning in this case was already explained to me anyway, I'd suggest reading the whole thread.
I did, but what the meaning the 88 actually is doesn't matter. My point is that just because it's an 88 doesn't mean it's automatically Nazis.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, someone please educate me regarding this topic --
The difference in physical abilities between grown men and women, that I know have learnt about it. But these are supposed to be middle school students, right? Iirc, there not much difference in athletic abilities of boys and girls when starting out middle school, right?
This one, I don't mind -- whatever, but; girls not being able to control emotions?
Is that really something backed by science? Is that not just some stereotypical trash? At the most it might be a bit of societal conditioning right? It is not something biological, right?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wow, yeah, we all called it -- a major theme is the emotional separation walls that people feel due to social gender filters. Noel calling the protag "Kei-chan" again in the same chapter Eito started calling them "Uesugi" again. Notice Eito asked despite knowing full well what his friend was doing: that was resentment towards Noel if I ever saw it. I have to wonder what in the world a seemingly sweet girl like Noel could have ever done to earn it. My guess is that he's gay (notice he averts his eyes in chapter 1 when "BL" is brought up) was lowkey attracted to Uesugi and resented the latter's crush on her. Recent events have taken his best friend even further away from him.

And oh boy... if "Kei-chan" wasn't thrilled about being a girl before, they're REALLY about to not like it. We're in for a ride -- this might not be the first time the author details a girl's first period with an almost TMI-level level of description. (I say "almost" because said manga was lowkey meant to be sex-ed in the first place)
I believe you're thinking of Naisho no Tsubomi, which was definitely meant to be a sex-ed manga for young girls, but she went into a fair bit of detail about Yuuko's period in Mizuiro Jidai (aka Aqua Age ) as well, so this next chapter might be uncomfortable for some of the guys. (And if this series ever gets animated I expect a bunch of guys to totally lose their minds over the episode dealing with it, like they did over Mahiro getting a period in Onimai.)

And yeah, weakness, stomach cramps, highly emotional to the point that they don't even understand why, Uesugi's definitely about to learn about the lovely hormonal rollercoaster that becoming a girl has put him on. I really hope Noel, his sister, mother or one of the other girls from his class happen by to help out.
Nothing says that Keisuke had to transform into a body that was at the START of its menstrual cycle. Also, pheromones will actually influence a woman's monthly cycle and can make it shift around--studies have shown that women who live together will tend to shift their cycles based on each others' menstrual cycles, so Keisuke's sister and mother could be influencing her body already.
That brings up something I've thought about with genderbender manga/anime: What determines how the menstrual cycle plays out in the newly minted girl's body? There's a couple of possibilities I've thought of, it could start the day they change. Although where does it start? With ovulation? (Two weeks to period.) With the day after the menstrual bleeding would have ended? (Three weeks.) Hell, with the period? (That'd be one hell of a shock, kind of surprised the goddess didn't do that to him.) It could be in the midst of where it would be if they'd been born a girl. (The change is magic, so why not?) Or like you suggested, maybe being around other girls will trigger it.

If you want to really hurt your brain, try to figure out how Ranma from Ranma ½'s period would work. Does it track with a monthly cycle regardless of when he changes? Only tracks with time spent in a female body? Something else entirely? It's where I first thought of the question and that one still hurts my brain if I think about it too much.
period cramps ????
Almost certainly, since it's combined with muscle weakness and emotional instability. Breaking down crying over stuff is very common early on, it's hard to learn how to manage it. That's why teenage girls are so renowned for being moody as hell.
It's a hate symbol, code for Heil Hitler, because H is the eighth letter of the alphabet. You'll also see it combined with 14 for "14 words" which you can look up yourself, because I'm not quoting the fourteen word sentence it refers to. I was behind a car with a 1488 bumper sticker on it once and it really pissed me off. Most people aren't that openly racist, though, thankfully. (And to be clear, when they're combined it's unambiguously a hate symbol, not say someone that graduated high school in 1988.)

Dex-chan lover
Okay, someone please educate me regarding this topic --
The difference in physical abilities between grown men and women, that I know have learnt about it. But these are supposed to be middle school students, right? Iirc, there not much difference in athletic abilities of boys and girls when starting out middle school, right?
This one, I don't mind -- whatever, but; girls not being able to control emotions?
Is that really something backed by science? Is that not just some stereotypical trash? At the most it might be a societal condition, right? It is not something biological, right?
The changes that puberty causes in the bodies start changing athletic ability and by middle school (age 12 - 15) those changes are far enough along to start making a noticeable difference. Not in every kid, but in many of them. However, in this case, it's almost certainly not that, especially since he was fine running around the mall in the last chapter, leaving those two creepy guys in the dust, instead...

Uesugi's showing three main symptoms: Muscle weakness, emotional instability and stomach cramps. These are all associated with girls' periods. And let me tell you, the emotional rollercoaster it puts you on is utter hell at times, especially at first when you have no clue how to handle it yet. (It takes years to learn and if it's bad enough you may never get used to it entirely.) That's what's wrong with him here, he's about to have/has started his period and doesn't realize it.

Yes, that's all backed by science.

Users who are viewing this thread