Umineko WHEN THEY CRY Episode 1: Legend of the Golden Witch

Dex-chan lover
What is up with the chapter numbering, did the numbering go wonky between magazine and volume releases or something?

The art is freaking amazing, but story-wise it is definitely not a standalone. That ending can almost certainly send anyone who is expecting a cliche detective story into serious depression..

These characters piss me off mostly, i absolutely despise the MC, Battler.

Story is alright, characters ruin it.

Is this word a read? Yeah, definetly, if not for sure.
Perhaps this will be my new addiction

Double-page supporter
For those wondering about chapter 19, I think something went wrong with the numbering of the chapters. Either way, it doesn't matter since CH 20 seems to be a direct continuation of CH 18 anyway (I checked) so we're fine.

Double-page supporter
If anyone is wondering if the Umineko series is worth a shot, here's what to expect so that you can decide for yourself:

It's long-winded and structured much like Higurashi is. Four "question arcs" and four "answer arcs". It involves gruesome murders, a huge family inheritance at stake, suspicion, displays of human greed, magic, and witches. In each chapter, there is a LOT of dialogue discussing about the nature of each murder and the witch. The plot is focused on the MC, Battler, trying his damn hardest to deny the existence of witches/magic (which, is actually the one thing that's keeping him alive) and trying to use his wits and logic in a showdown against the witch to explain how each murder may have happened if the culprit was a regular human

For me personally, it does kinda get slow, and boring at some parts, and I'm not sure how to feel about the witch/magic stuff but I'll still keep reading to see if things get more interesting tho

H97

No chapter 19 maybe because "19" is important in this manga (or at less this arc) ? Spooky 👻

Users who are viewing this thread