Under the Oak Tree - Ch. 17

Aww happy and sad to hear it's been published! I'll be checking Manta out, thank you patchy-scans!

Having no knowledge is understandable, but being an idiot is another topic. She should get all the help she can and learn from them, instead, she always wants to learn by herself. I would understand it if google exists in her time.

Of course, who would want to be taught by a servant? Still, the money of her husband is at stake here.

...can you please just ask for help. i understand that you have trauma and feel like you're useless but going by that logic don't u think u need to learn how to not be useless first?

She reminds me of Trashta sometimes 🤔 Like with the way she does dumb things. Who thinks "Oh I dont know how to do this, but I'm still gonna try on my own with no guidance"? AN IDIOT. Girl, the more you try and do things alone the more they will think you're useless and unreliable. How hard is it to admit you're noble born, but not noble raised and you weren't treated fairly? I wouldnt even wanna claim I was raised by that man anyways. You need to take some accountability girl, you're ignorant on those topics and need assistance. GET SOME AND GROW.

at least Ruth managed to correct her. imagine she paid for 100 liram instead of 100 dirham. as if the merchants and traders would correct her, most likely they'd just suck it all up and benefit from her dumb mistakes. she really needs to suck up and ask for help.

Dude I hate Maxi father so much
I can't wait to Riftan finds out what he did with Maxi and beat him up

People are being so hard on her. She has trauma after years and years of mental, emotional and most likely even physical abuse. She was constantly called worthless, stupid, slow-witted, useless and derided by even the servants and the staff of the house she used to live in. She does not know how to rely on anyone because it “confirms” further that she cannot do anything and she does not want to be viewed stupid and worthless and eventually disrespected. Is it lack of common sense? Yes. But is it justifiable? Also yes. She is trying her best with the best of her abilities

The reason why she’s not asking for help is because she’s cared that once people (and specifically Riftan) finds out that she doesn’t have the necessary knowledge to be the lady of the house, they will be disappointed in her and she will fall back to being treated as she was at her father’s house. It’s an irrational fear, yes... but she suffered a lot. So while she is indeed making a stupid mistake by trying to learn on her own when there are things at stake, there is a reason for that.

She has legitimate reasons for why she's screwing up so badly.

I get why people are frustrated, because it's a slow burn on them, and they want to see her become this strong and powerful woman that can put people that dare to cross her in their place. But the scars in her heart can't heal so fast. She needs time, and begin to learn the ropes.

I imagine that the magician here will be her friend and will help her cope with her anxiety problems and learn the ropes.

Many idiots here are completely ignoring the fact that no only she was mistreated for years, but she has as far i can tell no education and experience in managing a castle.

Im actually impressed that this series is showing that trauma doesn't go away with a fingersnap.

Seriously people, do you want a mary sue? Because that's how you get a mary sue

Dex-chan lover
I just to tell Maxi: You're doing great honey! It's okay to ask help when you're having a hard time.

Dex-chan lover
would the official translation be free or paid? would it be like mangaplus here?

Ruth on the way to becoming the best friend ☺️

To those who are feeling frustrated, have patience, it's worth it, one of my favourite scenes, which will come up much later
where Max will get mad at Riftan for coddling her and not allowing her to contribute in a way that she actually can,
is frankly beautiful and terribly satisfying and the impact would not be half as strong without knowing how far she has come.

Edit:
just saw that it got licensed. Thank you for the hard work to the translation team, it was much appreciated!

I really appreciated your efforts in translating this manhwa send a lot of loves to the translation group🥺❤️

Double-page supporter
Ooh so it's licensed. Congrats to the author! And thanks for the update thus far patchy-san scans team!

Everyone is a beginner at something. And i can really feel how maxi is feeling. Anxious, afraid of making mistakes when you just have to do something for the first time.

I’m anxious reading this story because I read the novel and know things are going to get worse before they hopefully get better. Ugh I get frustrated with Maxi but I have to remember the extreme abuse she went through. Maybe the webtoon will change the story a little but who knows. Thank you for the update!!

Users who are viewing this thread