Under the Oak Tree

@SaphireE90 she is made to be that way. Years of abuse and negligence from her family and the disrespect from the servants at the ducal castle. The constant abuse from her father that made her think she has no value as a human being let alone as a wife.
She has no trust in words of people and neither does she think she is worthy of trust. This leads her to keep everything within herself and constantly putting herself down, second guessing everyone's intention.
"For someone like me" this is what goes through a person mind with an inferiority complex.
Looking forward to how this gets explored.

Double-page supporter
@Need1ove you can just search it up. NovelUpdates doesn't have it but you can find it in plenty of other places.

@Jacktris like searching it on google or what?

Tbh I've never searched any of that before. Like this panels, I got a link from my friend hehehe :D

Double-page supporter
@Need1ove Yeah. What I meant was to search up the name (as both the novel and manhwa share the same name) and type web novel or whatever afterwards.

rwf

Finally, ML alpha male who is not psychopathic and abusive, but caring and loving. I fear that Maximilian low self-esteem might be self-fulfilling prophecy. Hey Maxi please relax, he is attracted because you cute, sweet and feminine, you dont have to be competent all the time!

Reading this I thought it was really spicy but after reading the novel this is not nearly as spicy as the novel, like hot damn 😳

Also the novel explains her thinking way better and its easier to understand her actions. People are criticizing her actions without understanding her thinking very well.

@SaphireE90 @StellarIceberg put it really succinctly. Unfortunately, Max has been abused all her life and her brain has been trained to think that if people find out she isn't the perfect princess her father made people believe she was, she'd be discarded and deemed useless.

Riftan is similarly clueless about her real situation because the duke made it so that everyone in the kingdom believed he'd isolated her and spoiled her because she was sickly. Because of this, he feels compelled to shower her with material possessions to live up to what he assumes her upbringing was like. In a way, he's also developed an inferiority complex stemming from his poorer background.

@rekii couldn't have said it better.
one is a person who doesn't know how to trust people because she's been too broken for it
other is a person who doesn't know how to convey his thoughts enough for her to understand what his actions mean.

i heard this has been officially licensed and is coming out on manta comics sometime this month!! OAK can finally get the spotlight it deserves 😍

Hey um i was wondering where i can find the discord server since i was in and deleted my account i can't find it anymore, and the google docs for the novel link either :((

if u wanna read this, i 1000% recommend it! though you may be frustrated at their lack of communication w each other at first, you really have to understand where theyre coming from and i think it gives a good depth for the characters and room to grow.
(riftan's troops are kinda annoying tho lol)

Double-page supporter
The novel was SPICY AF. It's a shame the artist didn't draw that BUT I absolutely love the character designs!!! If only these two mains would fucking communicate with each other but that's what makes you keep reading it ( ಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

I hope when Riftan finds out what happened to her in the past he goes on a rampage because Max is amazing

Users who are viewing this thread