Undercover Empress

Dex-chan lover
First 4 chapters, great MC, good story and interesting premise. Then towards the end of chapter 4, the author drops a metaphorical meteor on the MCs head to make her dumb as a brick and introduces the male lead whom in turn is dogshit.

Then the entire thing gets ruined in 3.5 chapters.

I wonder if we could get this MC in another story.

damn people are brutal. they're harsh because the first chapters give the impression this is a serious manga then we learn it's a comedy.
i for one am pretty happy. FL is lazy and has no ambission nor goals, sure that may sound like a bad thing but, really, how many revenge stories do you want to read? there's already so many (great) comics with a cunning FL trying to right a wrong and obtain power, i think it's refreshing to have a laid back FL

Honestly I am really looking forward to this approach in this story. For all the people dropping the rating because characters call the female lead "lazy" or give her a nickname regarding laziness is kinda funny. So far the female lead has proven to be quite bada$$, she lives as a man and knight. She isnt overly ambitious due to her circumstances and she works with what she has very well if not perfectly. She kinda reminds me of the female version of Shikamaru, but in no way is she actually lazy. She is always the first to arrive at a scene, and she has proper sense of justice and plenty of talent to back her up. She has a proper head on her shoulders and she doesn't get forced into things. Nor does she always get hurt and play the victim, she does everything within her own choice. Honestly it going to take a lot more for me to decide whether or not this is bad, but I like it a lot so far and I look forward to future chapters. I thank everyone who is translating this as well.

@Uinseannphoqueit how? except for his introduction scene (which itself is a pretty typical approach for MLs, let the readers believes he's a cruel tyrant) he's been a pretty laid back character, wearing silly wigs and offering a deal to the FL, not even a "you're actually forced to accept, this is blackmail in disguise" kind of deal, a real fair deal she could refuse if she wants to.

and about the introduction scene
i dont think she was actually a witch, but ML had no reason to doubt it, in this world witches are monsters, for them it's the same as slaying those monster bears we saw. you can call him a piece of shit for doing his job of slaying monster.especially if, in this case, he thought the witch got close to kill him

Group Leader
@distressed_cactus

People really fall over themselves to defend the ML

"Kling witches ar eah even if they didnt do anything cause witches bad. Prejudice good m. Also he didnt know she was a witch. Killing people just on pure in assumption is totally okay"

Never mind the fact that he wont he punished for it even if she wasnt a witch

Like sheesh bruh. Hes an asshole though and through. But Korean authors get wet when MLs kill women. So idk maybe the author is into that

@theilikepie

To be honest it is too early to judge his actions as an automatic prejudice. You have no clue what his reasons are at this point in the story and why he is doing what he is doing. Until we figure it out you shouldn't automatically down him because if that. Also it's not like he didnt show any remorse for his actions, he was heartbroken. Also they gave plenty of foreshadowing hints that it has to do with his backstory.

Also I think it's quite funny of the author that he constantly makes him seem like a jokester. Afterall the most depressed person in the room is the one who tries to make everyone laugh the most. It actually makes me think there is going to some tragedy involved.

@theilikepie that was a very immature response. what's the point of reading other people's opinion if you're just gonna dismiss them then twist their words into something entirely different?

these first five chapters are interesting enough to get me hooked.

esp. with that crossdressing pizzaz. i wanna see the crown prince's reaction when he discovers the truth xD.

i personally loved the overall tone of the story. bit light-hearted and comedic with a tinge of that sweet politics and rivalry for the throne. can't seem to pin Clayore's character just yet. i am digging Estella/Estien's laidback and dessert-centric mind 😄. looking forward for more chapters, great artstyle too. big thanks to the translators! ✨💕

I'm more confused by her lack of awareness for a master swordsman.

Like.

That don't make sense. And the ML is straight shit.

So I thought the
female lead was going to tell him she was a female already?? Is that not happening?

thanks for the name update. i was not a fan of 'irregular empress' it makes me think of her menstrual cycle (?????) anyways. new title very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread