Until I Become Me

Release schedule and occasional translation awkwardness feels like a plot to get me to buy it.
It’s working

zia

This reminds me why i kept getting back reading gender bend stuff and how it actually gotten more attention as of late, when lots of mediums even movies try to use gender bend aside from just for a gag, because it is simply interesting when it's try to argue with characters personality, and how their surroundings, psychological side, gender roles, and what's common and taboo and this manga try to convey that in pretty much a satisfying drama, with the mc trying to understand others just at the same time we readers want to understand and care about the characters we read.

Also at first i notice the drawings where kinda bad, but after a while it gets better and the drawings just kinda grew on me, which also nice thing to see that the author is improving in every way. I only hope to see more from this manga.

I'm so happy that this manga really explores gender transitions and mental roadblocks that people who have transitioned experienced. It helps me deal with my own gender insecurities a little better.

@zia I get what you mean about the art, I put this manga off for so long because I just couldn't get past the art style in the first few chapters. Also, yes, genderbending is mainly used as a gimmick for comedy in a lot of media so the gradual increase in media forms that take it to it's full potential is a breath of fresh air.

Double-page supporter
really interested in this, should i read the preserialization before starting it?

Double-page supporter
I still can't get over the title... it's such an amazing title... the philosophical question of asking yourself that "Is this really me?".. having experienced the persona series, some people do question themselves about whether they are just lying to themselves just to get what they think that they want... he tries to be someone who his peers liked, but when he changed, he can't be that "person" again, so now he finds what "he" or "she" truly is... really love this title... can't exaggerate it enough...

Double-page supporter
thanks @CrateKitten!

just read every released chapter in a day lmao love ittttt
kind of a contrived premise but the feels are real, and there so many intense gender moments trans people can relate too. can't wait to see where things go~

Double-page supporter
Me, trying to be an intellectual: this is a nuanced, compassionate, surprisingly charming portrait of a flawed but lovable person, in a genre far too often plagued by fetishism, crude drama, and tone-deaf heteronormative assumptions. We should trust the author to tell the story they want to tell.

Me, actually being honest: YURIFICATION YURIFICATION YURIFICA-

Double-page supporter
"Age is just a number"
FBI: "And jail is just a word"
The main cast: *are in the same age group*
FBI: "Understandable, have a nice day"

This makes me want a manga where Mc that’s an atheist is reincarnated as a devout believer
(By reincarnated I mean as an adult or teen)

welp, im still waiting for an update, it's been so long since i finished reading all the chapters

Users who are viewing this thread