Updates Page Refresh Button [Redundant]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I use my browser, I have tabs that are always open and that includes the Updates page. It would be convenient if there was a refresh button for when you want to check for new releases rather than having to refresh the whole page.

Upvote 1
Power Uploader
The way I use my browser, I have tabs that are always open and that includes the Updates page. It would be convenient if there was a refresh button for when you want to check for new releases rather than having to refresh the whole page.
I don't understand what's the issue with refreshing the page? You'll have to click a button either way.

Dex-chan lover
Likely because it would be a minimal differential data download (possibly doing nothing if there were no changes), as opposed to the entire page and all its assets
I don't understand what's the issue with refreshing the page? You'll have to click a button either way.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
as opposed to the entire page and all its assets
The website is aggressively cached, there's no significant difference as long as most of the data is the same, and if you're refreshing the updates page you're going to get new uncached images regardless whether you refresh part of it or the whole page.

There's no benefit to adding this.

Dex-chan lover
not arguing, just thinking of things but: frontend benefit intial js setup and render vs adding an element? I mean that's totally not an issue for me on a nearly-decade-old high end macbook pro in any browser at least, but?
There's no benefit to adding this.

Dex-chan lover
regardless whether you refresh part of it or the whole page.
sending a piece of json that says "here is the last time i changed the page, wat new?" and getting a piece of json that says "these titles, here is their info and image urls for the client side to do a req. for and add elements to the page?"

Edit nvm

Dex-chan lover
Actually mind, I was watching the network tab on refreshes before and after I cleared all my browser caches and it still went through downloading every single image in a .45ms to .67 ms when refreshing after. And the time from when the page loaded to the throbber disappearing was about 2.5 seconds in either case. Safari and Chrome similar result on aforementioned 8-9 year old high spec mac. Maybe it's me though.

I didn't even want the feature when I wandered into the thread, lol

Dex-chan lover
My problem is that I have to almost always refresh the page instead of the page automatically refreshing.
That might be on Firefox. I at least cannot remember having that problem on the old mangadex.

Pro refresh button:
It only takes me one button press instead of 2. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread