Ura Baito: Toubou Kinshi - Ch. 149 - Astrological Observer ③

Dex-chan lover
Ok, I really didn't get this one. What was the point of having to find the star man each night? The guy at the end mentioned being tricked or something by the Q woman so I guess there was some kind of hidden purpose?

And apparently being seen by the star man turns you into one of them? And their purpose is to look for the end of the universe or something?

And I wonder if we'll ever see that one gray worker who went mad and got transferred to Q ever again.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, so Nagomi is sick and getting money for a possible treatment then with the plan to go globetrotting only half true at best (she probably actually plans to do it in case she can't get treatment) I have to wonder, maybe the reason Nagomi's dad did gray jobs to start with was to pay for her treatment and him going missing is directly due to him having to take on these risks for her.

And then the starmen, they sure are starmen. And they take the recordings as invitations to grab a guy and turn him a starman too. Pretty straightforward all in all. Amd like not a bad deal to be sure considering all the other fates a person could have in this world.

Dex-chan lover
Really makes you see Carl Sagan’s quote “we are all made of stardust.” in a different light…

Being a starman seems like a pretty sweet gig actually

Dex-chan lover
So the Starman is harmless but the one that actively seek them can no longer be human?
and the actual problem is what is outside universe?

Last edited:
Group Leader
Huh, so Nagomi is sick and getting money for a possible treatment then with the plan to go globetrotting only half true at best (she probably actually plans to do it in case she can't get treatment) I have to wonder, maybe the reason Nagomi's dad did gray jobs to start with was to pay for her treatment and him going missing is directly due to him having to take on these risks for her.

And then the starmen, they sure are starmen. And they take the recordings as invitations to grab a guy and turn him a starman too. Pretty straightforward all in all. Amd like not a bad deal to be sure considering all the other fates a person could have in this world.
nah its probably an incurable disease. she does the gray jobs because she knows shes about to die (so she doesnt care if she dies) and wants to at least find her dad and/or spend some time with yume (yume cant quit, have debt, needs to support siblings and trying to find her own parents)

Dex-chan lover
Once Universal Jumbo Gyoza Theory gets formally proven all these Q chuckleheads are gonna be mighty embarrassed that they dismissed Seiya as crazy. Poor guy got robbed: if anybody deserved to get their brain scooped out to wander eternally in the empty void of space it's him.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, truly the most horrific thing of all. Ouside the universe is the math dimension :notlikethis:

Ok, I really didn't get this one. What was the point of having to find the star man each night? The guy at the end mentioned being tricked or something by the Q woman so I guess there was some kind of hidden purpose?

And apparently being seen by the star man turns you into one of them? And their purpose is to look for the end of the universe or something?

And I wonder if we'll ever see that one gray worker who went mad and got transferred to Q ever again.
I feel like she would have been telling the truth about the goal, which was if they get a picture they get part of some formula. The trick was probably something about getting him to look for it in the first place, since “showing interest” gets you picked to be one. Maybe he thought he’d be safe because of the part-timers? But he was the only one actually invested, so when it came down to see who was looking(?), he got singled out due to how frantic he was. I’m just guessing, though

Group Leader
Ah, truly the most horrific thing of all. Ouside the universe is the math dimension :notlikethis:

I feel like she would have been telling the truth about the goal, which was if they get a picture they get part of some formula. The trick was probably something about getting him to look for it in the first place, since “showing interest” gets you picked to be one. Maybe he thought he’d be safe because of the part-timers? But he was the only one actually invested, so when it came down to see who was looking(?), he got singled out due to how frantic he was. I’m just guessing, though
yep if u dont give a fuk u dont get starman'd. thats why hot potato theory guy got semistarman'd. he was interested but only in the astronomy and not the equations

Dex-chan lover
This one is just the David Bowie song with some nice amounts of 2001 space Odyssey. But really, do y'all know if every story has an exact explanation, or if sometimes the writer has a few key points they need to get across (q causing phenomenon, kidnapping and using people, nagomi being sick) and then they just toke it up to whatever they can get in Japan while listening to David Bowie to fill in the rest?

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
peak as usual. the starmen were actually creepy/endearing. the last one that nagomi sees with her naked eye, saying hi from behind a planet is really cute lol

Dex-chan lover
It's us, the readers, ain't it? What lies beyond the cosmos is the next page. We're the observers in the sky, the hands squishing people. The characters in the manga exist only for our amusement.
Yeah, that thing at the end does feel like a page being turned rather than a rip in the universe..

Dex-chan lover
I suspect her 'trick' is that he assumed the grey workers would be the disposable death in this scenario. But the Star Men seem perfectly aware of who's actually doing The Searching.

The effect of the peeling panel was truly brilliant for the medium.

...Sick, huh...? So there might be a very real deadline on finding out what happened to her dad, and traveling the world...

Users who are viewing this thread