Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Kisaragi Station IV

Dex-chan lover
I feel like I need to memorize everything the phone said cuz it'd be important in the future
also is that the train?

Fed-Kun's army
These idiots military people should've of just told them the reason why they shouldn't use their phones but instead they act all vague and stuff...

Thank you based translator, after finishing the mangas that were translated I finished the translated LNs and as I'm left wanting more, the manga continuation is more than welcomed

Double-page supporter
Given the situation, even without the exact information about why you shouldn't use your phone, you'd have to be pretty stupid to use it.

Double-page supporter
actually it was dumb of them to use their phones, like this isn't the military guys fault at all. imagine being in this situation being told abt all the terrible shit that could happen and then that same dude who's like "actually i don't know why things happen here, but they're all horrific" telling you he doesn't recommend using ur phone and then you go and try to do it without any more input. this move has the same energy of them going down those tracks that make you slice up your face, just plain arrogance and stupidity

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, in a place like this if someone tells you not to do something, there's probably a good reason why.

If someone says "I would advise that you don't use your phone" when they mean "Under no circumstances can you use your phone because nightmarish shit that we already know about is going to happen." then it's their own damn fault for being unnecessarily vague and obtuse. For all the girls could have known it could have just been military guys trying to keep shit under wraps. Despite the officers seemingly welcoming them, they have no real reason to trust these people, especially when some have them have already been acting antagonistic towards them.

Literally in the hell dimension

"DON'T USE YOUR PHONES BRO"

"he's just acting, te he he, those silly boys aren't the boss of me, te he he"

You see, that's the problem with the 99% of the horror genre. It relies on people going completely against rational nature. I say this as people refuse to wear basic masks to prevent the spread of a virus.

Probably should have been less fucking mysterious too. "I recommend you don't use your phones, or like demons will attack us." Do these guys get off on fighting or something? That's a pretty fucking huge detail to leave out. They didn't even search them for weapons or anything.

My guess is the army guys aren't real or something.

@primsul The call is not necessarily what caused the coming of the faces. Surely they'd have been reprimanded with more than an exasperate sigh and an "i told you so" if they just endangered the lives of a couple hundred soldiers. Drake seemed to say it as an expected thing too. Besides, the call announced the train coming, and that wasn't the train.

And why would they check 2 teenage girls that look perfectly normal for firearms?

why the fuck would you use your phone when he just literally told you not to

Makes me question their intelligence

@MaKi7

And why would they check 2 teenage girls that look perfectly normal for firearms?

Because they're soldiers, because it's protocol. Did these guys serve in Afghanistan at all? Not checking literally everyone is more strange. Obviously it's just the author, but these guys casually place 2 complete strangers in their camp without checking them?

I can buy the "it's expected", but it also came at the same time, so we'd have to see what the author says later.

It's too bad the author didn't go for a "people act realistically facing unrealistic problems" and instead opted for "WE NEED MORE SPOOKY"

To all the people that keeps saying that it's a stupid move, remember that they're all strangers trapped in the Other side.Yes, The military acted stupidly by being vague, if you read it properly you'd know that the train coming and the fight with monsters was enevitable, only that the time wasn't fixed and the phone call lead to that happening earlier. The military can't lose the only lead they have on getting out by losing *the girls* -snickers- and the duo can't really trust strangers, recall the last guy they met, he was also a bit of a lunatic. The phone call was a risky move but it was a good one. I won't delve into it more lest I spoil the story.

Users who are viewing this thread