Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Kisaragi Station I

Dex-chan lover
I love the way the creepiness feels naturally unnatural. Like, in most horror stories, the creepy factor revolves around people, like with jump scares and punishing people for their unvirtuous behavior. But in this story, it feels like it's a parallel world with its own nature that is doing its own thing and just happens to be incredibly dangerous as a byproduct, like stumbling across a bear in the woods or something.

Dex-chan lover
it's yuri alright
it's getting really unnerving even though there wasn't really any really creepy looking things anywhere, it just felt colder and colder as we went on, if you get what I mean

also what's the kubiriyarai and the aburagarasu?
they said something about not going there at night right?
just making sure, I'm kinda forgetful.

also barking?

@AgentKuga thats the idea, stuff starts getting weirder and weirder around them as they transition from the normal world to the otherside. Like when they used the entrance in the elevator, at some point the numbers on the buttons became unreadable and the floors started getting weirder until they reached the otherside.

Double-page supporter
Seems like you got some people to help out! Noice.

Dex-chan lover
Damn it's just getting interesting
And it is just like dream when like we walk wondering around or want to go somewhere and then suddenly we changing place somewhere far or somewhere we don't know where

This is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Thanks and keep up with the good work.

Aggregator gang
Translator-san, thank you for the hardwork.

and yes! we are finally in the kisaragi station arc. :D

Dex-chan lover
OH SHIT that bird is HUGEEEEEE and it reeks of oil?!?! man when MC see's its true form i'd imagine she'd freak out

looks like they are in deep shit especially since what the guy said "States Name" sounded like a BOSS was coming for them or some important group

Dex-chan lover
A character who should be conditioned to hypervigilance instead dumbasses the situation. That's simply bad writing.

Dex-chan lover
When I read the title, shivers went down my spine. Reminds me of one of my favorite 2ch scary shit with the same name. I assume that's the inspiration, since this story does have Japanese urban legends elements previously (such as "elevator that takes you to the other world", and of course, the "monsters" they encounter. Heck, the entire "other world" is also kinda like that). That said, there's nothing about station for now, so I'm looking forward to know what will happen.

Thank you for keep updating this!! Although I have the LN, I haven't been in the mood to read LN in quite a long time, so I haven't read it, and I feel like the visuals enhance the experience (so I'm also waiting for the anime to air. But with this chapter, I might actually start reading the LN because I'm curious...? Who knows.). I love how creepy this story is, and it just keeps getting creepier. The manga has a plus from me because the artist is one of my favorites, though, so I'd be happy to be able to read it.

At least that guy was kind enough to warn them about the oil-crow (aburagarasu). Does anyone know what kubiriyarai might mean? If I remember correctly yarai means to cleanse/keep evil away.

Dex-chan lover
@Clover_Zero : thanks for the link.
Heard about the Kisaragi Station name in few other stories and figured it's quite a lasting one, but never had the chance to look around for the tale itself.
i-mode... what era is that story from ? The 90s ?

I was like "no, no, no. Go back. Trust your instincts."
I love when stories do that.
I have the first volume of the LN now. Definitely gonna read it.

Users who are viewing this thread