Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Time, Space and a Middle-aged Man VII

Dex-chan lover
Oh great. So EVERYTHING they see on this side is being viewed through an automatic perspective-fuck filter.

How do they even know the Kunikuni aren't simply unfamiliar humans?

Anyway, I'm sure what she saw from the distance is the same thing they fought in the 2nd arc.

Group Leader
Split up and search for clues, aka, how to die, speed run edition.

Dex-chan lover
And we begin to grasp just a bit more about how the other side works. It burrows into human brains, changing the way they work. With that in mind, can anyone trust anything they perceive over there?
It's not a question of if you can trust your perceptions. You obviously can't trust them. But also, you have to trust them to an extent, there's no other option. If you assume that all you are perceiving is false, then you can't take any actions.

You can't listen to someone speak, because you can't trust what you are hearing them say. You can't take a step, because you can't trust your perception of the ground. You can't shoot an enemy, because it may actually be your friend. You can't touch a friend, because it might actually be an enemy.

Those are all things that have happened in this. So you'd think it's right to not trust anything. But it would just keep getting deeper, you can't trust the tests you perform to reality-check your perceptions because you also have to perceive the test results. You throw a bolt to check for glitches. It seems safe, but why are you trusting the bolt test? It relies on your perception as well.

Not sure where I'm going with this or what my point is. I guess it's that at some point, you have trust your perceptions.

Users who are viewing this thread