Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 4 Ch. 22 - Time, Space and a Middle-aged Man IX

@string20 ooo I didn't know that one. I still believe it's going to cover up to at least up to the end of vol 2 because of what Reguret says but that's fine by me.

Can some pls explain to me how exactly her eyes work? At first i thought it was just a simple sort of len thing specificly to see "ghost" on the other world. But now she can manipulate people with it???? Im so confuse. Pls explain it with simple example

Fed-Kun's army
@eddard8 It would be hard to explain, for what I understand, the other world react to people feelings to make them uneasy and fearful and eventually kill them (why? dunno.)
The eye is more like a filter and a connection than a lens apparently. She can see but also interact with the world as if she was an entity instead of a simple human.

Fell free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Yoooowwww, it's the wheel angel from the Bible. Now, this is the first accurate description of it. Wait...I think the cow in the previous chapter was from the Bible too. So, this is all from a religion thing...this is one fucked up God they have then..

Supporter
Okay, all the references to the Voynich manuscript are damned cool, and since the description from the book of the pinwheel Satsuki-thing pretty much match what was drawn it seems likely that it's not just the artist picking an appropriately creepy source, it's actually what the author was referencing themselves . . .

Still not seeing how Sorawo is being selfish - what was she supposed to do otherwise? Kozakura was never going to follow her, and likewise she was never going to stay put, and even if she did come along she'd probably just add her own messed up thinking about Satsuki on top of what Toriko is going through, making it even more difficult for anyone to get out alive. "Turning her into a plant" might not actually stop anything from happening, or maybe it would - exactly how that works is pretty hard to know. It seems like trying to make a reasonable decision in a totally unreasonable situation, and even if it didn't work out and Kozakura ended up dead or something, it's not clear whether any other course of action would have changed things.

Dex-chan lover
So, she just left the loli behind thinking she'd turned into a plant? Isn't that a little irresponsible? Or possibly just a little insane?

Dex-chan lover
@The5thSeraph I mean her backstory and previous actions made it pretty clear she is at least a little bit insane. I mean what normal person would think what happened to her is normal and boring.

Dex-chan lover
biblically accurate angel here to fuck shit up

@Niralam a person without a family that resorted to camping out in abandoned buildings and repressing her emotions cause her parents cult almost kidnapped her?
@The5thSeraph I mean she did turn into a plant she didnt just think it would happen
Everything in that world is about perspective
Depending on how you look at things they fundamentally change
The girl turned into a plant
The MIB monster dudes turned into a plant
The invisible howling monsters turned into a plant

Dex-chan lover
@Kampfarsch
I think I half got it in the end. Half. Some things mentioned at the end kinda helped a bit.
I mean it isn't like she actually changed into a plant, but apparently since the whole town was one of those "bear traps" with its own localised effect, apparently regarding her as a plant made the natives also regard her as a plant. Of course she wasn't actually a plant, but in a manner akin to a certain scene from Jurassic park, the monsters couldn't see her as long as she didn't do anything non-plant-like. Didn't stop her getting horribly traumatised though.

Dex-chan lover
Ill start to doubt my existence too at this rate
Never doubt your own existence. It's the only thing you can be sure of. Well, that and my existence. Since I know I exist, I can assure you that I do. So you can be sure of two things.

Users who are viewing this thread