Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 7 Ch. 37 - Attack of the Ninja Cats I

Dex-chan lover
One of the things I like about this manga is how the protagonist is kind of edgy and anti-social, but the author frames it as being sort of a problem, rather than being 'cool' like most authors would.

Ninja cats! I loved this arc!
especially since no cats actually got hurt. I’d have hated this arc otherwise. At least, none got hurt in the novel, I haven’t kept up with the anime in over a month, so idk if they did anything weird with that episode.

Dex-chan lover
Seems like normal cat behavior honestly,
Just good ol' silly cattos

I'm still digging for spooky things in this arc. Does anyone see it anywhere?

It's odd having the anime be ahead of the scantilators. I'm used to my mangas being way ahead of anime content.

@nobunoru
It’s because they’re both adapting the novels, which are way ahead of either. Right now, the manga is about halfway through the second of currently 6 books, and the anime skipped around a lot so it both hasn’t finished book 2, but also started book 3. The anime is weekly and also rushing the plot lines, so it quickly overtook the manga, which is monthly and giving the plot all the time it needs. Edit: which is to say, the scantilators are caught up with the manga, it’s just that the manga is far from caught up with the novels.

All the cats are in on it. Even my cat was watching me read this, look out everyone.

Dex-chan lover
@nobunoru @GurrenPrime5 This adaptation is doing an amazing job of presenting the novels - it's easily the best novel adaptation I've seen (though there are a few others I'm reading which are doing almost as good a job - it's nice to see). It really seems like the anime totally dropped the ball, though . . . I just wish this wasn't monthly, though given the amount of work they put into making it good I'm willing to deal.

Also @GurrenPrime5 there are six books in Japanese? That makes me so very happy - I'm reading the official translations, and I'm suffering withdrawls from hitting the end of them. Good to know I'm waiting on the translators rather than the author . . .

Surprised to see a chapter uploaded but I’m totally not complaining at all! Thanks again for translating this!

Users who are viewing this thread