Uruwashi no Yoi no Tsuki - Vol. 7 Ch. 25

Contributor
this story is so bland. sweet, but bland. maybe I've just outgrown the target audience of this mangaka's works

Dex-chan lover
this story is so bland. sweet, but bland. maybe I've just outgrown the target audience of this mangaka's works
What's a good romance you'd recommend? I don't know if this one is bland but if you have something exciting I'm always looking for new things to read.

Dex-chan lover
Alright!

off-topic, but I really wanted there to be some chapters on their friends. What about this: less Oji, more Nobata? Or maybe even Senjaro!

Contributor
What's a good romance you'd recommend? I don't know if this one is bland but if you have something exciting I'm always looking for new things to read.
I just feel like Yamamori Mika seems to prioritize eye candy scenes more and more over deeper character or plot development. Sugars was actually a compelling anthology; Hirunaka no Ryuusei had its problems with the age difference and love triangle, but it was still interesting to see the main character's growth and final choice; Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet I dropped because of the same issues appearing again; this work is nice in that it largely focuses on the two of them, but it's been 25 chapters and I still don't really feel like I connect with the main characters. It's just shots of them looking cool, pretty, or conflicted with repeating miscommunications. Again, it might just be a me problem in that I've grown past my high school mindset and no longer relate to the problems depicted.

sorry about that rant! Anyways, other slice-of-life high school shoujo I think have more personality are A Beloved Existence; Boku to Kimi no Taisetsu na Hanashi; Futsuu no Koiko-chan; Ichijou Karen wa Yuuwakusuru; Koiwazurai no Ellie; Love Me, Love Me Not; and Stand Up! (also about a "tall" girl and a popular boy). I haven't read a lot in this specific genre lately, which is why all the recs are a bit old, but I have more general romance recs here if you're okay with BL, GL, and fantasy interspersed in there.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
here if you're okay with BL, GL, and fantasy interspersed in there.
I don't mind the idea of BL or GL, I just find that most of the time they're fetishized versions of same sex relationships usually written by people who aren't even LGBT do you know what I mean? Like I'm not going to pretend that I've never liked one but I find that I usually don't enjoy them.

Users who are viewing this thread