US comics

Banned
thread to discuss all things related to american comics from marvel to DC and even indie comics

Banned
18b55f3b06fb8f5c46d8da704bd53fe6.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I'm not crazy about modern Marvel and DC, so I go all in on indie and smaller publisher stuff. Zenescope's Grimm Tales of Terror is good. I also back stuff on kickstarter.

I'm most excited for this:
HlCnrvO.jpg

Generally, the only DC and Marvel stuff I was into to begin with was Batman and Spider-Man. And, Spider-Man was ruined after One More Day. Ultimate was good though.

Banned
i find the complaints about marvel and dc a tad bit exaggerated like when people thought the punisher went woke because he changed his symbol and started using japanese swords

edit: yeah one more day was poopie

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I remember hearing that a batman comic used ai to generate the art for an issue or two. anyone got any information about that bit or did I completly dream that information up ?
at the very least I remember how the artist credited had never been shown using the style present in the comic, how it made alot of very excentric visual choices (making the joker weirdly buff, giving batman a horse for one panel) and other stuff like that.

Banned
I remember hearing that a batman comic used ai to generate the art for an issue or two. anyone got any information about that bit or did I completly dream that information up ?
at the very least I remember how the artist credited had never been shown using the style present in the comic, how it made alot of very excentric visual choices (making the joker weirdly buff, giving batman a horse for one panel) and other stuff like that.
oh yeah theres a big ass debate around "Batman: three jokers" (the comic in question you were talking about) storyline where a couple of the panels look ai generated im not too sure like 100% sure i usually sigh whenever ai art is brought up so i didnt follow it to the fullest extent

edit: i finished the comic

Dex-chan lover
oh yeah theres a big ass debate around "Batman: three jokers" (the comic in question you were talking about) storyline where a couple of the panels look ai generated im not too sure like 100% sure i usually sigh whenever ai art is brought up so i didnt follow it to the fullest extent

edit: i finished the comic
oh, so what exactly is your opinion on that ?
for me, I wouldn't be surprised yet still disapointed from what I know of the comics industry, it seems like the kind of move they'd make.

Banned
oh, so what exactly is your opinion on that ?
for me, I wouldn't be surprised yet still disapointed from what I know of the comics industry, it seems like the kind of move they'd make.
people act like there wasnt shitty artists like Rob Liefeld pumping art on the same level as ai art why pay a shitty artist when you can do it yourself with ai, look up robs work or just bad comic book artists youll see some crappy art, i would rather put pressure on the comic book industry to focus on good story telling than visuals thats just me i dont have an example for DC tho because i main Marvel more than DC i really only read batman and superman comics sometimes wonderwoman (theres been some terrible art for her too)

Banned
if gang war had 10/10 art i would still dislike it, its a very crappy story so yeah story is more important to me i can get passed shitty anatomy

Dex-chan lover
Cheap-Thrills.jpg
By the one and only Robert Crumb.

Dex-chan lover
The one time I read Marvel was the uhh, spiderverse oneshots stuff? They got neat designs but they're all making one-time appearance :(

Banned
The one time I read Marvel was the uhh, spiderverse oneshots stuff? They got neat designs but they're all making one-time appearance :(
i didnt like spiderverse that much sadly ending was so mid makes me want to bleh

Dex-chan lover
Another great indie artist from the last quarter of the 20th Century is Dave Sim. If you want to see what happens when a creator truly has full, sole control over a character/work spanning more than 25 years, Cerebus the Aardvark has all the highs and lows - some absolutely brilliant writing and art, and a conclusion that completely falls apart under the weight of Sim's... hubris? insanity? complete detachment from the reader base? Certainly worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread