Usagi to Kainushi-san - Ch. 14

I'm not sure what was the intention of not making her cleaning up the mess she made on the floor. I'm pretty sure she was trained to help around the house?

Edit : is it meant to show she grown spoiled or something?

Dex-chan lover
Honestly what I'm yet to understand is why humans in frankly every type of manga degrade the beast men when they literally look exactly the same, and most likely have the same intelligence (though I'm not so sure about the intelligence of them in this manga) as other ppl. Like ik irl we humans are racist but tis is just a lil outta whack
Cough*Slavery* cough cough

Dex-chan lover
She honestly doesn't appear to have much more intelligence than just a cat or other small mammal. She can learn simple mechanisms same as Crows or Cats, but doesn't seem to actually understand exactly what it does or the wider situation around her. She doesn't seem to be able to actually talk, she's apparently completely unaware of what's going on around her.

I'm not sure exactly what 'message' this story is trying to go for but it seems really undercut by, y'know, the actual facts of their situation and her intelligence. If the story wants to say that treating her like an animal is wrong then it should probably stop portraying her as just an animal with a human face.
I believe that we can rely on the idea that he just want his pet to be happy.

I believe it would be very close to how having a farm animal irl could be like. You get gifted a chick at a young age and love it a lot. Then in like a year it grows and suddenly you realized that other chicken are killed after a certain age and cooked to fed those that raised them. You will most likely be distraught and want to avoid that fate for yours. But society tells you its wrong to feel that. You don't know what to do, and if you have no choice you will most likely be forced to give up on the chicken you love very much.

If you are lucky and have the power or smarts to deliver your chicken from its fate you would most likely end up avoiding other people. After all they will notice you still have the chicken, and asking why you haven't eaten it yet. They don't understand your reasoning and claim you are a weirdo.

You really cannot have friends when everybody thinks something is wrong with you in that situation.

In this story then, He isn't like the average and actually feels bad for his bunny girl. Other owners feel the same, but because society has degraded them in such way they can't really act on that in the open. The chicken example most likely falls of immediately here though as it also seems he wants to fuck the bunny girl and I don't think a reasonable person in the chicken world should ever consider fucking one tbh. Lucky for the guy here, rabbits seems to be just slightly different than humans.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I believe that we can rely on the idea that he just want his pet to be happy.

I believe it would be very close to how having a farm animal irl could be like. You get gifted a chick at a young age and love it a lot. Then in like a year it grows and suddenly you realized that other chicken are killed after a certain age and cooked to fed those that raised them. You will most likely be distraught and want to avoid that fate for yours. But society tells you its wrong to feel that. You don't know what to do, and if you have no choice you will most likely be forced to give up on the chicken you love very much.

If you are lucky and have the power or smarts to deliver your chicken from its fate you would most likely end up avoiding other people. After all they will notice you still have the chicken, and asking why you haven't eaten it yet. They don't understand your reasoning and claim you are a weirdo.

You really cannot have friends when everybody thinks something is wrong with you in that situation.

In this story then, He isn't like the average and actually feels bad for his bunny girl. Other owners feel the same, but because society has degraded them in such way they can't really act on that in the open. The chicken example most likely fall of immediately here though as it also seems he wants to fuck the girl and I don't a reasonable person in the chicken world should ever consider fucking one tbh. Lucky for the guy here, rabbits seems to be just slightly different than humans.
This 100%. Even in this chapter we could clearly see the owner of that rabbit girl, the dude in the glasses, is extremely uncomfortable whenever his friends was talking about treating the rabbit girls like sex toys, used and discarded. He looks like he didn't want them to say those things yet can't or are too afraid to speak up, because it would be the equivalent of standing up to a fleshlight or a vibrator.

And the fact that there are secret clubs that rabbit owners regularly attended that doesn't seem like brothels and prostitute house means that showing normal affection to rabbit, or any other animals person, is not something that are kindly accepted, the shitty dad outright hit the boy when he discovered that his son got there.

Group Leader
She honestly doesn't appear to have much more intelligence than just a cat or other small mammal. She can learn simple mechanisms same as Crows or Cats, but doesn't seem to actually understand exactly what it does or the wider situation around her. She doesn't seem to be able to actually talk, she's apparently completely unaware of what's going on around her.

I'm not sure exactly what 'message' this story is trying to go for but it seems really undercut by, y'know, the actual facts of their situation and her intelligence. If the story wants to say that treating her like an animal is wrong then it should probably stop portraying her as just an animal with a human face.
She's not that dumb. Her lack of "intelligence" is due to her being treated as an animal. She's been taught to do basic chores, but otherwise she's treated like a pet. Were she raised the same way as the son, i recon she'd be as intelligent as any 15-20 years old.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The past few chapters, I thought the fact that the the TL was commenting about how this was a different story than the douj meant that this would have a better ending, since it's I guess a different canon.

But after that credits page comment, I kind of doubt it, lmao.

Dex-chan lover
well. . . we also might get ending where rabbit = cute girl is actually is just his delusion and all this time he is actually insane.

Aggregator gang
me too man, me too
R2sgc8R.png

Contributor
Did she go hungry the entire day after dropping her food? :meguuusad:

The male lead's dedication to Shiro is commendable given he's peaking in popularity at a college welcoming party with like 4 other girls interested in him. He IS fairly good looking and the fact that he's from a rich family also certainly helps in that regard. He can easily become a playboy if he wanted to, but he doesn't.

Given the rather spicy (but vanilla) content in the next two chapters, I'm not surprised at the scanlator's message in the last page. But it's reassuring to know that it's still being worked on and we'll still get to see it.

Dex-chan lover
Like ik irl we humans are racist but tis is just a lil outta whack
To be fair, our "beastmen" fought for centuries to get to the point where stories like these seem "a lil outta whack".

Did you know we used to ship Africans to America packed like sardines, and the majority of them didn't survive the journey?

Suddenly, this story seems "hella tame" by comparison.

Honestly what I'm yet to understand is why humans in frankly every type of manga degrade the beast men when they literally look exactly the same, and most likely have the same intelligence (though I'm not so sure about the intelligence of them in this manga) as other ppl. Like ik irl we humans are racist but tis is just a lil outta whack
Lol what. Humans literally enslave and commit genocides against other humans for having a different skin color, or worshipping a different God.
Humans in real life are worse to fellow humans than they are to any beast men in manga.

Dex-chan lover
some reference maybe related to topic:

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nim_Chimpsky - an experiment about treat monkey like human with bad end
the equally opposite I can think of maybe is "Tarzan"

- idk, a lot of isekai LN that have context about enslaved demi-human because human best race (Shield Hero,...)

- "497392" - "Atage" new dj with equal to "Asanagi" with the plot is basically about give up human rights

- “I do love your mother but she’s more like a pet to me" - quote from "Invincible"

- "Pekora bought a f*cking monkey" - Canadian Lawyer while review vtuber drama said monkey pet are worst pet

https://www.thestar.com.my/tech/tec...confiscated-phone-shocks-chinese-social-media
https://vndb.org/v?sq=Nekopara
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/a-cat-is-fine-too
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HumanRightsIssues

Contributor
You'd be surprised how more realistic it suddenly seems after a brief tour of Twitter... plenty of people cheering for the death of "lesser beings" going on over there.

Users who are viewing this thread