Useless Ponko - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Supportive Ponko

Dex-chan lover
I've never tried watermelon with salt before. Now I kinda want to

It's a good method for lightly cutting down the sweetness of things if it's too much for you, as long as you don't over do it. Things can get too salty pretty easily. If sweets aren't your thing, salted chocolate might be preferable to the normal stuff for instance. I know of somebody who puts a little bit of salted peanut in cola to cut back the sweetness, too, come to think of it.

Dex-chan lover
@Yanagi A little salt creates a contrast that makes the watermelon seem sweeter. More salt will shift that balance in the salt's favor. Like a lot of things in cooking and such, the amounts can be really important.

"Whose funeral is it this time...?" Damn that's kind of sad to think about, many of his friends already kicked the bucket

Dex-chan lover
I never knew the allure of a tsundere gramps but here we are

Dex-chan lover
I've never tried watermelon with salt before. Now I kinda want to.
Eh, is it actually something? I eat watermelon regularly when it’s the season since I was a baby but never tried doing anything extravagant with it. Sounds kind of nasty to me. Any update?

Dex-chan lover
Eh, is it actually something? I eat watermelon regularly when it’s the season since I was a baby but never tried doing anything extravagant with it. Sounds kind of nasty to me. Any update?
Lot of folks add salt to melon, esp. watermelon & cantaloupe. Mostly an old man thing ime. I've tried it, and it isn't bad, but it isn't an improvement, either.

Users who are viewing this thread