Ushijima-kun the Loan Shark - Vol. 9 Ch. 91 - Freeter-kun 26

Dex-chan lover
Huh. I thought it would have been relentless, but... that was a surprisingly merciful end, all things considered.

This is really a kind surprise and sticking to the adage: you don't know what you have till it's gone.

Aggregator gang
I was not expecting a happy end! I'm confused! Please Tajima-san, ruin the life of other terrible people!

Fed-Kun's army
whoah a legit silver lining for an ending? didn't expect that.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck, 10/10 arc. I shed an imaginary tear and my heart feels like its working overtime. I hope hes not appearing in later arc as a background "found ded/got into accident/robbed and killed" newspaper front page.

What? Where is prostitution? Drugs? Nervous breakdown?
April Fools' is a bit late this year

Dex-chan lover
ho shit, nobody get his organ harversted and people somewhat happy in the end, what the hell is going on ? is this what they call....wholesome?

probably the best arc of this manga so far.

Contributor
orz Thank you for translating this ark, @mockingbirdxv -san.
I know a bit about finance, so I can somehow understand all the hassle you had to go through. If it helps, I can tell you that it turned out quite smoothly and naturally looking.

This whole ark has been such an emotional roller-coaster. So many things happened, and the author somehow managed to make me actually care for this good-for-nothing guy, scum of the earth that somehow turned into at least someone I can look upon with sorrow, but not repulsion.

From my point of view, yes, the ending is a bit anti-climatic and has a few loose threads left, but the autor-san managed to turn it around slowly and detailedly enough for it to be not that out of the series' character. My guess is that the mangaka realized that so far their work would ask for a gloomy ending with a bit of moral, but they really wanted to pass down this message of "it's never too late to turn your life around," so there you have it.

Double-page supporter
@N0Mi0
He was never anywhere near to being "scum of the earth", he was just a guy from a dysfunctional family who didn't have the courage to face his problems. Ushijima himself is several times worse, to say nothing of guys like that musclehead who Ushijima's crew teamed up on (and who we'll see more of in the future, I'm sure).

This arc took 7 years in the story so Ushijima being mellow in the end not exactly out of character, i guess...

Users who are viewing this thread