Uso to Kiss wa Houkago ni - Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
Didnt expect to end like that... i mean, it surely wasnt enough time for Rin to get properly over her trauma but still... it had everything for a more wholesome ending after so much angst and drama. Normally would be a bunch of flowers with white angelic backgrounds and caring eyes with a monologue about how they'd love each other forever or similar, instead was all really dark and worrisome. Really unnecessary. Oh well... they do end together with mutual feelings and theres a chance Rin would get over it somwhere in the future, maybe?

Dex-chan lover
sometimes lesbians are shitty and evil, and while I wouldn’t want to date one in real life I don’t hate seeing in fiction

Dex-chan lover
I'm not quite sure what to make of this story. While I found it interesting to read, I struggled to grasp the logic presented in the narrative, which felt very Japanese to me.

Momoka's character was quite unlikable and often behaved in a reprehensible manner. Her use of the blond woman to intentionally hurt Rin's feelings was incredibly cruel and selfish. Despite Rin's expressions of desire and affection, Momoka continued the relationship solely to inflict pain on her. It was petty and hurtful, especially considering that Rin needed time to develop their relationship. Pushing her into having sex so early on was unfair and disrespectful. If Momoka had shown more patience and understanding, she could have achieved her goals without permanently damaging the relationship. However, as is often the case in these types of manga, the logic behind characters' actions can be quite unique and far from normal human behavior.

In real life, Rin would likely have ended the relationship with Momoka, as her behavior was beyond pale. Momoka did not deserve a happy ending, given the harm she caused to others.

Didnt expect to end like that... i mean, it surely wasnt enough time for Rin to get properly over her trauma but still... it had everything for a more wholesome ending after so much angst and drama. Normally would be a bunch of flowers with white angelic backgrounds and caring eyes with a monologue about how they'd love each other forever or similar, instead was all really dark and worrisome. Really unnecessary. Oh well... they do end together with mutual feelings and theres a chance Rin would get over it somwhere in the future, maybe?
It feels like the story isn't over, like it's just halfway through and we need to work to some resolution. Because a toxic relationship isn't a ever after, happily or no. They end, or mend. These two have good loving supportive parents and friends, no way in hell someone doesn't act in some kind of intervention.

Dex-chan lover
Rin deserved someone WAAAAAY better. I could not like Momoka. I don't mind the relationship being toxic til it had the cheating.

Double-page supporter
Am I supposed to feel sympathy for Momoka? Honestly, she seemed like a horrible person, and they should never have ended up together in the end. The whole "putting herself first" angle was just weird. Her love felt empty, and that relationship would never last in real life. I feel sorry for Rin. She is stuck with a person that can leave her the moment she does not get what she wants.

Users who are viewing this thread