Usogui - Vol. 24 Ch. 263 - The Final Decision

Dex-chan lover
.... I feel like I just got slapped by the mangaka.

Who was the one calling Clara a liar at the end? Marco or Usogui?

Dex-chan lover
@tack215

Now that Baku's number has been revealed, what was the massive risk that he was taking with 13. Was it the possibility that all his analysis was wrong, as I pointed out earlier, or something else?

Fed-Kun's army
Another amazing chapter! As always, thanks so much Team Duwang!
My heart was pounding throughout this arc, truly the most intense guessing game ever. I am kinda sad though that Suteguma died, as I was starting to like/sympathize with him ;_; His defeat was due to a distrust for everything that he developed as a result of his traumatic past. In the past Baku has offered some mercy to his more sympathetic opponents (Rodem/Marco and Yukiide), so I hope Suteguma gets some sort of "redemption" by the end. I also really enjoyed seeing Ranko cooperate with Baku. I interpreted the end as that Baku was calling Ranko a liar because she would of sided with him and Marco no matter what Suteguma guessed. And Baku seems to be crying a bit, I think part of it is due to the relief that the game is almost over, another part due to Ranko's kindness, and maybe also because his eye probably still hecking hurts.
I am both looking forward to and not looking forward to the Tatsuki/Yakou fight, as more development for those characters is always welcome, but I do not want either of them to die ;_;

Double-page supporter
@crossvillE
Marco thinking that the answer was still 50 at the end was gold.

@belkrax
@Ghetsis
As Clooud says, they're tranq shots. Clara also says that she'll let Suteguma join Kuramagumi (page 16, bottom right panel), as a price for her mistakes in this gamble, so perhaps we'll be seeing more of Suteguma later on?

Dex-chan lover
Indeed it was a great arc, gonna give it a reread soon, its gonna be ten times better now that I can tell the clues and whats going on. And I hope we see more of Su, glad he survived. He is not noble or symphathehic but for once he isnt as evil as the other opponents.

Forgot to add MUH at those Ranko panels.

@Ominous
Lmaaaaooooo

@Veshv You're correct. Baku's 13 in Dotty was a huge risk because after all the deduction he had gone through, he couldn't tell if Suteguma's numbers were 8 or 9 at that point. If Suteguma's number was 8, choosing 13 would tell Suteguma that (from his viewpoint) 15 is the correct password, and by choosing and confirming that 15 was wrong on Suteguma's turn, he would've been able to deduce that Baku's numbers were neither 6 or 7, resulting in Suteguma realizing that his 8 bluff didn't work. That would mean that everything that Baku had done until now(making Suteguma believe that his 8 bluff worked on Baku) would've have amounted for nothing. It was basically all or nothing for Baku.

We still have Tatsuki vs Yakou, and boy oh boy, get ready to be amazed because this fight is one of, if not the most epic battle in Usogui!

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if it can really surpass the novelty of fighting in a car, but I am looking forward to it.

Dex-chan lover
@tack215 Eh. That doesn't strike me as that risky, tbh. It still wouldn't tell Suteguma Usogui's exact number. I'd argue that leaving the first floor after the first round was way riskier, since there was a big probability of death. In the case that Suteguma had eight beads then all that would happen would be that Usogui's efforts to deceive Suteguma into thinking he had six or seven beads would've failed, but he wouldn't have a way of determining exactly what number he had. It'd be a stalemate, and he probably wouldn't die. I mean, I get that it was still a big risk, but calling it Baku's biggest gamble is an overstatement imo. This arc was amazing anyway.

Don't know how I feel about Suteguma joining Kurama now, maybe he'll get some character development. Marco is adorable for someone who overpowered someone who could twist and bend a huge steel door with their hands. Kaji is so fucking confused lmao. Now we got Yakou vs Tatsuki left, I'm excited. I wonder if this will be the last release for this batch?

Dex-chan lover
Actually, I've thought about it for a while now, and it definitely was a massive gamble on Baku's part. If Suteguma got out of the dotty not knowing what Baku's number is, Ranko may not have betrayed him. Whether or not that's true, Baku wouldn't be sure either way. This means Baku had to make Suteguma believe the 8 input ruse worked with 100% certainty to guarantee that he betrays Ranko and just attempts to input 16 straight away, or else he'd risk Ranko letting Suteguma still win.

Dex-chan lover
@Veshv Ranko still knew that Suteguma was with Ideal, and hence, Caracal. Meaning that Suteguma lead Caracal here, let him get access to the match's information, and ultimately even got Hyougo killed and almost them killed; so I don't know if Ranko would just readily trust him like that. She might have agreed to take him in now, but that doesn't mean she trusts him. And as she said, she was ready to accept defeat as soon as she lost Hyougo. Baku having 9 beads is actually one of the least risky between 8, 9, or 10. If he had 10 then there's a possibility that he couldn't choose 13 at all, depending on how exactly the Dotty determines whether a number is considered impossible or not, making 13 super risky. And if he had 8 then there was a strong possibility that he would lose anyway, even if Suteguma believed his number was 6 or 7, since he would enter 15, see that it was wrong, thus also realizing that Baku must have a number higher than 7, which would be almost the same outcome as before, but with the correct password being 16 (Along with the possibility that if Baku was wrong and Suteguma's 8 input was still a bluff, but him still having 7 beads - since it's impossible for Usogui to have 1 bead - then Usogui would die with the 15 input that Suteguma was going to make in the Dotty anyway). So 8 and 9 carry similar amounts of risk in my mind (with 8 being even a bit riskier imo). 10 being the worst case scenario. And as I said, I'm not saying it wasn't incredibly risky, what I am saying is that I don't think this was the riskiest gamble of all even in this arc for Baku.

i don't understand, why would sutegama guess usogui's beads to be 10 when the first guess usogui made in the dotty was 10. was there a possibility of having 0 beads in the dotty game? or is it just that at the end sutegama stopped thinking or something seeing he all about survival at that point and his basic instincts were only working. That whatever he sees, is definitely wrong and the truth is warped up in some kind of way. Please someone explain why would sutegama think usogui has 10 beads? have i missed something here?

Users who are viewing this thread