Usogui - Vol. 26 Ch. 279 - The Mind Of The Puppet

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter :D

This game was really fun and Hachina is a genius! I should probably reread the last few chapters to see those hints in real time. Also, Gakuto nervously eating the parfait was hilarious!
Baku looks so ominous in the last page. And no eyepatch is complete without sticking a snack wrapper on it.

Dex-chan lover
One day I hope to see how he did this to Baku's flyover game.

Double-page supporter
That last page got me thinking, in his current state of memory, has the leader ever met Baku?

Cuz the message i got from that last page is that if there is ever a person who couldn't be more fitting for gambling, it's definitely our man Usogui.

Dex-chan lover
Based on what we can figure out so far, Hachina doesn't know about his challenge with Baku, since he likely doesn't realize he is the current leader of Kakerou. I don't think Baku met Hachina before Kakerou though, so it's probable that Hachina has no idea about Baku right now.

That being said, I wonder if there are others who are in fact worthy of gambling that he "hasn't met"? It'd be an interesting point to bring up as another opponent for Baku I think.

Dex-chan lover
So as I thought, Kidou did not choose the instant win path in front of him, and that's exactly what Hachina meant when he said to choose carefully. However I never would've imagined that the degree of manipulation was this extreme... It's almost like subliminal messages, unconsciously manipulating someone's choice before they are even aware that they are going to make a choice, and in a way that makes them believe that they were the ones who came up with it. Not only that, but he came up with the plan basically instantly as he was walking back to the table, predicted how things would turn out, executed the plan using the waitress, and from the short conversation he had with Kidou figured out his personality to the extent of being able to predict his actions under certain conditions (the guaranteed win of choosing the 21, or the cheat of choosing 72 just for more money) AND planted a trap that would in turn guarantee his own win instead. And additionally, he was able to instantly memorize every single number of each creamer from looking at them just once before... Perfect planning, prediction, adjustment, and execution, all in a matter of minutes, together with a perfect memory and an insane ability to read and manipulate people. Hachina is a god. It might not seem like much, but this is some insane degree of cunning, comparable with that of Baku's in the Tower Game. I might even argue that it's even more impressive since Baku had more time to think things through during the last gamble, while Hachina planned and executed all of this insane plan in a few minutes.

Dex-chan lover
Hachinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Man Gakuto says that he doesn't cares anymore but he was oddly enthralled on listening to the explanation.

Double-page supporter
@299792458

Yeah, Hachina's precision and speed in his planning was downright scary here. Casually pulling off the feat of memorizing and selecting the exact numbers that would manipulate and lead the opponent to a thorough trap in just a few minutes. Although we've known how much of a genius he is, it didn't click for me just how crazy his gambling would really be.

Baku vs Hachina is going to be so interesting. I do agree in that Hachina's display here seems superior to what Baku's done so far, just in terms of raw mental abilities. But the games that Baku played so far aren't really the kind to require those kinds of skills, so perhaps he is capable of similar feats but just hasn't been forced to use it yet.

@Veshv

I wonder if that line means that he doesn't consider himself to be fit for gambling either? I guess his memory loss could be why, but perhaps he could be lacking in some other aspect as well.

Dex-chan lover
@catx3 Yep! I definitely think they might be fairly evenly matched, and I'm curious to see how they would fare in a gamble that's focused on reading the other and outsmarting each other.

Dex-chan lover
@catx3
It's really a weird line I feel, since what you said could be true, but he also definitely remembers his own father, the Leader of Kakerou, even if he doesn't remember his own past gambles. So for him to drop a line like that is very confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread