Usogui - Vol. 28 Ch. 304 - Indiscriminate Firing Of Euphoria And Destruction

This mangaka reaction faces are the best. I know gag manga is rarely scanlated because humor based on puns in a foreign language don’t translate well but I’d love to see more wut faces from this mangaka.

Fed-Kun's army
I knew it was too good to be true. The chapter started off too strong ahaha

Fed-Kun's army
I'm surprised he didn't space out his volleys more to the other, smaller open spaces. I mean, even if he did hit at least one submarine in that corner, would the single extra volley he'd gain from it really be enough to pinpoint the last in the remaining spaces?

Double-page supporter
@299792458 @sinful_egg

The batch will keep on going! We'll probably get up to 309 at least.

Our team is extra motivated after reading some of the comments here, so thanks to all the fellow fans for all the comments and discussions! <3

@yihdego
I really love the style and how detailed his art has gotten. Personally, I kind of want to see how the first arcs would look like in his current style.

@Doomroar

Hahahaha yeah, thought the same :D.

@catx3

Honestly guys, you're really making a lot of my evenings. Whenever I see an update I'm feeling interested and happy. I'm really looking forward to your releases :D

Dex-chan lover
My theory on it being J10 seems to have been disproven, at least. That said, poor Oofuna, missing all 20 shots from the volleys. Now he has a... 1/3 chance of being beaten?
Actually, this makes me wonder what was up with Lacy's theory in the first place. Why was he positive in regards to the vertical placement requiring the part of the cruiser hit by the volley to be the center? Did I miss something that explained that?

As ever, thank you for keeping up the translations, Team Duwang!

Double-page supporter
Oofuna is definitely one of the most compelling characters we've seen in the manga so far. Honestly I like him as the everyman more than Kaji.

Thank you for all your hard work, Team Duwang.

Aggregator gang
Of course it's not over, Kaji still doesn't have his moment yet! XD

Hope what's next is Kaji somehow noticing the trick with the Lacy's radar and then manipulated it to his team's advantage.

Dex-chan lover
well, oofuna choice of the bottom-right corner is understandable if we assume hachina physically check the 'corrected' cell start from A10 to A1 first, then B1 to B10, C10 to C1, etc.

but then after the fight, assume he change the order he check to D3 to J3, J4 to A4, A5 to J5, ... , A7 to F7, that'd left the only uncheck area at the bottom right corner (assume the A1 contain one submarine but oofuna missed it)

referred to the chart: (0 = missed, 1 = hit, 2 = assume no ship if captain did not place the ship next to each other but that's still possible)

bYSqApi.png

Dex-chan lover
When put to scale of the actual board it's no surprise he missed all of them, regardless of any psychological games of ship placement. It really is a game of sub hunting, and naturally, antagonist got the luck of the draw there.

Dex-chan lover
@catx3 Damn, you guys are absolutely insane.

This has been so nerve wracking so far. I wonder how/if Gakuto is gonna figure out the A1 submarine trick... Even if he finds the other submarine he still has to overcome that, which means that if he missed everything with the volley, Lacy is going to have a few chances to finish it all... Exciting! Definitely getting some Kaiji vibes, making me root for Gakuto.

This is the best gambling manga. Thank you, Team Duwang for all your hard work!
Probably, I'm the only reader from Russia :D

Double-page supporter
@Veshv

The reason the shot had to be the 'center' of the ship was because of three reasons:
1) Lacy only hit 1 shot of his volley.
2) He spaced his volley shots so that there was a 1 cell gap between them.
3) The area where the ship could be was limited

If he had hit 2 shots, that would mean he hit both edges of the cruiser. Otherwise, due to how he spaced his shots + the limited area of the possible placements, 1 shot always means he hit the center of the ship.

@goodknife

That's an interesting point. Definitely based on that search path, the bottom right seemed like a good idea. I wonder if that means he didn't have enough time to search for everything since Oofuna was going to lose soon, and decided to go with the 4 volleys strategy, and that's why he didn't just outright tell Oofuna where the second submarine is.

Users who are viewing this thread