Usogui - Vol. 35 Ch. 375 - The Plan B Of Conspiracy

Dex-chan lover
Told ya Leader was planning on sabotaging Baku and Vincent. His quick thinking is as scary as usual... Damn. Can't believe we'll have a boss battle with Hachina this early... But Lalo has lost half of his team already, so I guess it makes sense. But he currently has more money than BK and he might also be a higher level, unless BK's colosseum rush was fast enough to overtake him. In any case, I don't think Vincent is to be underestimated even if he seems to be at a disadvantage, especially since reinforcements are on the way... Incredibly hyped to see BK and Hachina face off a bit right now!

Also. I find it hilarious how Midara was watching the referees just to see their reactions, hahaha. Kaji also raised a valid point, why was Floyd even there? Did Lalo send him? Why? Isn't the fortress from the same region as Lalo? Etc. Interesting to note that not only is BK focusing on Hachina first, but also Hachina wants to start with Tipa, so it seems like he thinks he's the bigger threat (which I'd agree with, but it definitely seems like Vincent is being underestimated).

Dex-chan lover
NOBUKO FEVER TIME

Alright so, this was expected, Leader is a cancerous thorn on Usogui's side since he wants to sabotage them both. I guess by having him play Baku ensures that the referees will be fair since rules apply to him as one of his "servants", but still... This is kinda like the mental version of the whole Kyara vs Caracal vs Mr Sweeper No Swiping fight, on which you can never give your back to anyone. If Leader and Usogui start going at each other too hard Lalo will fuck them up too.

I very much like the alternate-thinking Kiruma has. He exploits things on a meta level, like the vests. Reminds me of how genius people solve those logical puzzles by thinking outside of the box. He made Kaji work his ass off to snatch the victory easily.

As for Lalo, with 2 men down so early, I think we can expect an Ideal invasion on the island. I feel like Jonglyo will be the next mini-boss.

Dex-chan lover
Not just us, but Midara also Kadokura'ed Kadokura. He's just missing a goofy grin (couldn't see his face anyway).

It's interesting how he isn't going to become the King of Shoudo himself. Is he just gonna be an invincible slave? I look forward to a day when Kyara fights his former boss.

Double-page supporter
@299792458
About Floyd being there with outlaws, I have one guess: Lalo was probably thinking the exact same thing as Hal and Baku: trying to ignite his faction's citizens via taking a fortress. But his method was going to be this: let the outlaws in his control from Shoudo/Tipa take the Azura fortress, then simply have Floyd retake it after. So he gets the effect of what Hal/Baku were aiming for, but without taking the risk of actually having to attack a defended Tipa/Shoudo fortress, or confront any enemy players. If that's the case, he had quite the bad luck with his timing however, since it coincided with an actual enemy invasion.

@belkrax
Hal taking the fortress so efficiently was so dirty, but so him at the same time. I really thought he would give Kaji bios when Kaji had 0 bios left, in exchange for letting Shoudo take the fortress. But instead he gets it through a way with such little risk/effort. His timing in arriving after the match probably shows that after learning that Kaji & Floyd were having a match, he was simply waiting the whole time to take advantage of the winner, who'd be weakened from the fight. Also Hal just holding up the vest with the sword versus swinging at it repeatedly is such a neat way of showing the efficiency in his strategies.
---

Some thoughts about Hal staying as Hachina instead of Kiruma, & his other goal in this match (not a spoiler, just long)
We know that Hal likely established this match to take down BK & Lalo, the greatest threats to his leadership position, but there's still the weird question of why he hasn't restored his memory, it feels like he could easily do so through Midara if he wanted, since Midara is already giving the leeway of hiding his identity.

I think the reason why has to do with a small interaction when he first lost his memory - when Hal was with Nanpou and Touya, Touya clearly realized his memory was wiped, but Nanpou didn't. After learning of Eba's death, Hal could piece together that the past him took measures to make sure he has some sort of replacement for Eba, and that it's only senior referees, his attendants, who know of his condition.

But since the past him didn't reveal it to all the referees, this created a hole in Nanpou (who only happened to be there), allowing him to escape from his attendant. So I think what Hal intends to do, is patch up that hole in the system, and make it so that he won't be able to escape from his attendant by exploiting the very specific situation of 'having a referee who doesn't know about his condition being there at the time of his memory loss'.

But revealing such a condition is very risky, since it could undermine his leadership abilities (what if he loses his memory during a crucial match or time?), which could then cause some referees to leave or even betray the organization. So I think his idea is to prove that his memory condition is not a problem, by disposing of two powerful enemies of Kakerou at once, while carrying the disadvantages of a wiped memory and working alone, and therefore solidify his position as leader. At that point, he could reveal that he did all this with his memory loss (although Touya seems to be revealing it to other referees anyways, probably trying to patch the same security hole as Hal).

Also BK saying "Hal's just an enemy, for now...". So perhaps BK wants to recover his relationship with Hal somehow? Not totally unexpected, but seems like not an easy thing to accomplish.

Double-page supporter
@Lithe

On the surface it's probably just because hes basically playing as Nobuko right now. He was essentially able to charm her into allowing him to account share. I believe Nobuko is already a high class, meaning he has a huge head start over both Lalo and Baku in terms of stats as well as resources. She also seems to be a well-known player in the kingdom, so it will be easier to rally Shoudo around her instead of having to build his own reputation in the kingdom for people to follow him.

Of course you never know with Hachina, he probably has some ulterior motives, but at least in this regard its probably just simply that playing as Nobuko gives him a massive advantage over the other two, and making her the Kaiser would allow him to nullify Baku and Lalo's bets and not have Hachina personally tied to the island as its king.

Dex-chan lover
NOBUKO FEVER TIME

So that's what Hal was planning all along, man for a moment i wanted to believe of his alliance with Baku, instead he is now going to use the new waifu, i wonder how Nobuko managed to end on that island, and how she managed to get such a good rank too could it be that she is actually quite skillful but Hal is just that good at making her melt?

Lalo may have lost another subordinate, but now that Hal and Baku are targeting each other he will have some space to grow, plus he will get some reinforcements from the leaked info, this arc will be quite interesting.

Group Leader
Wait so not only is Baku down an ally compared to Lalo, one of his "allies" is an actual obstacle? These cards are stacked.

Double-page supporter
you got shot badly through the arm and didn't waste your opponent points while doing so, he just happened to slide his foot over the line
you should not be calm about that accomplishment kaji

Users who are viewing this thread