Usogui - Vol. 36 Ch. 394 - The Mechanics Of Kings

Fed-Kun's army
I love how Yakou is the only referee who's not surprised to see Souichi.
It seems like Midara will have a hard time trying to get a funny face out of the current #0.

Dex-chan lover
@TetrisGuy
So Yakou called him Leader and then thought that this man can't be Leader? I'm a bit confused about that.

Assuming his thoughts are correctly translated, I think Yakou's face has more to do with the StL game coming up after the Ban is over, instead of any sort of surprise over Leader appearing.

Power Uploader
@TetrisGuy
Yeah, you're right.
I was totally confused because Yakou already called Souichi leader.
Plus Yakou doesn't seem too surprised in the next chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
@TetrisGuy Oh, you're right. That's pretty weird. That sentence didn't caught me at first.
But now I don't understand this scene at all.

Leader: "Yakou? No time no see."
Yakou: "Oh leader, I am glad you seem to be well. That outfit really suits you."
Yakou's inner thought: "That guy absolutely can't be Leader."
Daiba: "The 3 kingdoms have reunited. The 3 kingdoms meeting shall now begin."
Yakou's inner thought: "Wait... This guy IS Leader?"

Did it really go like this? It seems so absurd to me. XD

Dex-chan lover
@Jonui I'd like to think of it as a cartoonish double-take within Yakou's own thoughts. Because it was only in his mind, his reaction was completely stoic on the outside, a perfect reaction for him lol.

To be more detailed, it would be like him recognizing Souichi immediately without thinking of the context, then looking at the others and their shock in a condescending way (like Boro & Kadokura did with Floyd), only for him to put the context and the person together himself moments later.

Dex-chan lover
Putting aside Yakou's reaction, anyone else find it odd that Hal managed to not only find the apparently most senior player on the island, but proceed to make them indebted to him? On top of that, how did Nobuko even reach level 100 when she apparently "just" managed to hit high class around the time the Ban started? Baku rigged the Colosseum and Lalo rigged the arranged battle system, so what did Hal/Nobuko do to farm so many levels? The whole situation is pretty suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread