Usogui - Vol. 42 Ch. 455 - The Thread Of Memories Woven Together

Loved how Manabe Takumi is the only one who is actually seriously laughing at the Leader's joke :p Guess their sense of humor is the same. Though after reading the rest of the chapter, the meaning of alien sure becomes a lot heavier.

I wonder how his memory is going to help him. Maybe there's a hint with the numbers he played from a certain point on. The most related memory we were shown would have been when Baku came up with the name HAL. Maybe the numbers can be read as other words the same way.

You know I was confused as to what he meant by, "I've finally achieved it... To weave it together, or the opposite, is all at my will." and I think I got it.

The key was in the chapter's title, The Thread Of Memories Woven Together. So the 'it' refers to memories. We have seen that the leader with his obsession for perfection forced himself to erase memories. So what he achieved is first getting back all his lost memories, hence weaving all this lost memories together. And now he also claims, "or the opposite, is all at my will." The opposite of weaving everything together is untangling, or in his case, losing his memories at will. So what leader is now claiming is that he has full control over his memories of what to remember and what to forget at will and not random. With how this helps with in this game I suppose is that now that he doesn't have to fear the pain of death since he can forget it.

@theamatuer agreed, though it might actually be better if he doesn't ruin Lalo's hand:

I think it's likely Fukurou will go with K-K-K-Q-Q, it's the only combo left for 63, and he was earlier saying that he wouldn't be able to withstand the torture again, so I think he'll probably try to win. (Although that split page with Fukurou and Lalo in one chapter makes me wonder if he's reconsidering).

Suppose Hal loses intentionally and happens to use up the 7 of spades and 7 of diamonds without touching the 10s or the other two 7s.

In the last round 10-10-10-7-7 would be possible for Lalo's 44, but if made it would have to use the 7 of hearts and 7 of clubs, both of which would overlap with whatever straight flush Baku gets with his 25, hitting Lalo with the calamity.

EDIT:

Actually, if Fukurou goes KKKQQ and Hal loses intentionally by picking any 5 cards outside of the heart/club 3-7 straight flush, and avoiding overlap with the KKKQQ, then there are a lot of ways for Lalo to get a calamity in the last round. Fukurou/Lalo would have to pick at least 1 card out of the heart/club 3-7 range, and hope that Hal didn't choose that particular suit. In that situation it would be safer to lose by picking cards that were used in earlier rounds.

Dex-chan lover
@xkcdhawk I reached the same conclusion as you, but reading your comment gave me a hint. I was confused as to why Souichi would be drooling like that after going inside, and I think he might have "turned off" his brain/memories/consciousness or whatever. Since he has to throw this round anyway, he's doing this to not experience any pain, would be my guess.

Dex-chan lover
@xkcdhawk...

What alien means besides extraterrestrial creatures in Hal context? I only think that's his jokes to indicate he got his memories back

Dex-chan lover
@rennov He says humans can't ever be perfect because they accept the "fact" that "no one can ever be perfect", and thus since he is an "alien" and doesn't believe this, he can now finally be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread