Chapter Comment Thread (Full Thread): Add a link to the main (title) page of the manga

Group Leader
This is something that I have noticed for a while now:
When one clicks on the "comment" button
iuS8Yw3.png

to go into the shortened comment thread
fFrjLk3.png

There are links/shortcuts to get back to the chapter or the main (title) page of the manga, which is really convenient.

But if I click on the "Read older comments" button
SQuaLtH.png

to go into the full thread
6q5d0jL.png

There is only a link to the chapter and no link for the title page!
If I want to get back to the main page I have to either pressing the Back button of my browser or my phone (which can be absurd when there are, like, hundreds of comments...) or getting back into the chapter first then click the manga name on the top right...

This is quite frustrating when you want to jump between the comment sections of multiple chapters. So it'd be nice if a link for the main page is added to the full comment thread just like how it has been done for the short thread. Many thanks!

Group Leader
@blackyawgdom
Yes it works without problems if the number of comments is small. But when it comes to the hundreds and thousands, it's a pain.

i would also just get rid of the Read older comments button and just show all the comments sorted newest to oldest.

Double-page supporter
When I see topics like this one I always wonder Do people know that mouse wheel is clickable?

Double-page supporter
> Nobody reads on a computer anymore. They all squint to read on their tiny phones.

Well, even then there's long tap -> open in new tab option...

Edit: btw, you can plug mouse and keyboard to the tablet. Not sure about phones but it should work with any android devices.

Dex-chan lover
@BzzBzz I've already got enough tabs open. I don't need to add another one. Just let me click from the comments back to the main page. I don't know why people are arguing against something so benign.

Double-page supporter
I personally can't understand why so many people trying to reinvent the wheel when there's already browser native solutions :/

Dex-chan lover
@BestBoy if i run into that issue, i click chapter link then from the chapter i click title page, so
6q5d0jL.png

followed by top of
fFrjLk3.png

well since this is a UI change, sadly i expect it to come from the big update never

Dex-chan lover
The manga/chapter comments could definitely do with a unified UI that has all the required features, rather than having separate views (in the case of chapter comments). Splitting up functionality like that usually causes more confusion than it's worth.

Fed-Kun's army
Personnally I am pretty indifferent on this matter, but have to agree with @MrIncognito there. Why can't we have just have a unified sorting order?

Dex-chan lover
@BzzBzz You realize the wheel has been iterated upon since its invention, right? There's a reason cars aren't driving around on wooden wagon wheels.

if they do it maybe they could do it like the forum links, Home / Discussion / Manga / Manga series . Each is a link that takes you to the area mentioned. So maybe Title Home Page / Chapter X.

Group Leader
@BzzBzz
Well... I think saying reinvent the wheel is a bit much. The short thread already has the feature (the link). I am simply asking the developers to add it to the long thread...

Users who are viewing this thread