Usogui - Vol. 43 Ch. 472 - After Paying The Price

Forever grateful for team duwang.. looking forward to the next batch, no matter how long the wait is

Being a veteran gambler and then become a kakerou referee, that's so badass and fitting. And I can't wait to see Suteguma even for a panel. Really love all the closure here. The only closure we haven't seen is from Karl.. I hope he's doing well.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm so hyped for this! The wait will be tough.

Thank you, Team Duwang!

Double-page supporter
Oh, wow, Sako answered like, three of the questions I had immediately. Great to see Robert K and Floyd Lee again, pretty remarkable that Floyd was so impacted by Kaji that he's asking for him directly.

Fukurou becoming a referee is rad as hell.

I don't know how we're going to wrap everything up before the end.

Team Duwang has possibly done the best translation I've been ever read. The fact that they go back and show all the clues for big and small plot twists astounds me every time.
Thank you so much for working on this phenomenal story!

Dex-chan lover
Hype levels through the roof. The climax is on its way. Thank you Team Duwang.

Fed-Kun's army
I first thought it was weird that Fukurou was offered to be a referee since physical strength is needed, but considering that he managed to escape from Nowa Jr he might be quite strong.

Dex-chan lover
this chapter is pure awww HELL YEAH
I wanted to see Suteguma meeting with Robert K damn it.
Nice to see Floyd was thinking of Kaiji.

And that ending is so fucking hype.

Also its nice they adressed Fukurou might have some fighting skills, since he was prepared to face Eba and could blindside Nowa Jr.
He certainly doesn't LOOK the way, but so do many referees.

Aggregator gang
Baku's left eye is worrying me. Makes me wonder if it's functional

The old characters be appearing, nice!

Time for the final showdown

im still a bit salty for the core reason of Lalo losing.. basically it all came down to some high tech "power of friendship" ( if only most shonen could actually used it as Toshio Sako did here...🙄 ) and gibberish about Hal reset-ing his memory then the accumulated pain, then come the morse message... just wtf.
Excuse me this is the configuration of the whole process :: https://mangadex.org/chapter/865259/6
There are 4 layers we should have alterated the sound greatly. there 4 n index.
n1 - where Baku wrote his morse code
n2 - whater
n3 - air
n4 - upstair metal between air and the maiden cage.
I could have even use glass as a fifth indice n5 but i wont since people outside actually did NOT heard Baku's morse code... which is important.

If Lalo couldnt heard that sound in water it's because when we, human, are under water, we tend to hear at high frequency, which is bad for us since we cant know where the sound is coming from... BUT, Since we underwater, the sound propagates better than in the air. But when we go from the water to air index, the sound will be altered because we change the environment but in addition the intensity of this sound is weak because if it was loud, Lalo would still have heard it ...
So we have a low sound intensity, so a low decibel number, then the fact that the sound will undergo 2 alterations .. water / air and air / metal ...

And despite that they manage to hear this sound !?

When in addition, we see that the thickness of the glass is small, which makes the alteration of the water / glass sound should not have been so important and yet the song did not propagate outside through the glass .. which further reinforces that the frequency of the song was low .. we were at the limit of the audible, and even if we are in the audible, the passage in the different medium index changes the sound.

They should have never be able to heard that morse from Usogui... GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK, Sako !! this is Lalo going against supernatural shit... it wouldnt be the first time we see unatural being in the mangas but still 😤 😤

Plus add to the fact, Sako undermine all Lalo did, so much of the Protoporos nightmare... Kyara needed to die, he was a plot dead end since he was too "strong" for the serie. As much as i love Jonglyo, he was just created to double kill with Kyara nothing more. He brought nothing...

@Solano that's my biggest gripe too. It would be better if Baku and Lalo noticed some sound from above because of the moving iron maiden, and so Baku formulated a plan accordingly since it's possible to hear some sound from above and consequentially it's possible to make audible message from below. I think it's going to be clearer in Anime format (if there's one) since we can actually hear what kind of noise the table make and its volume. Even a single nod by a character foreshadowing the possibility of audible vibration, for example "everything is made from steel, huh", may make the plan more believable.

Baku noticing everyone's laugh after Hal's alien joke would be great clue to realize Hal's resurrection, but in the end that didn't happen.

I agree that there's so many things that could be polished, but at least the Air poker dynamic is just brilliant enough for me

All the bizzare bullshit is cranked up to 11 in early arcs but gradually tones down until now so at least there's that too I guess, some silver lining.

Dex-chan lover
@Solano What makes you think Lalo didn't hear it? He acknowledges Baku writing so he clearly saw it, and there is no evidence for Lalo not hearing it. Just because he didn't think it was a signal doesn't mean he didn't hear it. At that point he thought it was just a mnemonic, and as far as I recall, the second floor had not been revealed yet, so it would make sense for Lalo not to assume that it was a hidden message for the second floor, as it would be a stretch. Baku was freaking smacking that metal table with a metal card, the possibility of the upper floor hearing it is not as low as you make it seem. If this is what you're calling supernatural then you should take a look at some other feats done in this manga in the action segments, my friend.

Double-page supporter
I'm interested in how Souichi will act now. He's gone through so much development from when we first saw him in Hangman to now it's hard to think of him and Hal as the same character.

Baku will have to make the game count...being able to choose the gamble is the one huge advantage a StL challenger gets. He has to actually pick something good and not throw it this time. I have high hopes.

@belkrax
@RapidLord
I think Fukurou just has us all fooled...he looks super old but he did admit that he pretty much just burned his own face off as a bluff for a gamble. His shirtless body looked pretty ripped. Considering Nowa Sr. was able to hide his actual powerlevel for so long it makes sense to me.

@Skyrin
I agree...not many scanlation teams would put in the extra effort to highlight how gambles work and all the foreshadowing going on. Their Tower arc explanation is still incredible, with a level of detail I would have never expected. That along with their breakneck update schedule makes them easily the best team I've had the fun of following.

Dex-chan lover
"Your mistake was to ever think you could defeat me, and then try!"

That's the kind of stuff the villain says before they get defeated, Baku please.

Users who are viewing this thread