Usogui - Vol. 47 Ch. 507 - Woman Of Destiny

@silentshot i guess Leader's mother... with a rambling about determinism, and the lie of free will. If anything it's an anti-religious talk ( a doctrine of christianity can be easily targeted by it), so i dont even get why the whole "occult" and science came out 😮

How long for the batch please ?

A blind lady tsk tsk'd and was able to tell that the other lady wears a suit and glasses. Leader did the same and then checked correctly. Echolocation skill: confirmed.

Could that be Kiruma Kaji inside her belly? Never mind, it was most likely a recording so probably just good old Kiruma Souichi in there.

Did anyone notice that the blood on Baku's clothes in souichi's dream in chapter 502 is also on his clothes in this page of chapter 321?
https://mangadex.org/chapter/713169/14
That's some crazy foreshadowing and I think it's something about Baku finding out who Hal really was in 1998.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.
>Einstein's conjecture on gravitational waves was treated as occultism at the time
Really? Never heard of such a thing.
Went and flipped through the wikipedia page on gravitational waves and didn't find anything.
Besides, fairly sure Einstein was already pretty well respected at the time.

@Veshv on page 7 there's a cane.

On that note... @tripledraw usually people would question about the cane first and then theorize that she might be blind, but it seems like you are 100% sure while skipping the thought process entirely..

I dont know, maybe if you read the raw or simply scan through the panels in the raw even without understanding Japanese you can arrive to certain conclusion much faster. So please, if you already read the raw, refrain from dropping a supposed 'theory' like that. At least put it in the spoiler tag

I'm sorry if i'm mistaken though. It's not the first time that someone caught on fast, so I guess people are that amazing.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao putting mere theories in spoiler tags is just courtesy, but even then I find it utterly absurd to the point that I completely disagree with the practice in just about any context that isn't "the theory is also long-winded".

Tsk tsk is probably echolocation though lol. Feels like a bit of a set-up and the lady being blind seems pretty solid conjecture, though also kinda meaningless to me.

Leader's destiny is definitely to lose. He will get to confirm it on this day.

@Petrichormus I'll take that as a compliment because I'm not interested in spoiling myself or others - not to mention how I've been wrong 95% of the time.

I first theorized about Leader's echolocation skill several chapters back (when he started clicking his mouth) so it just came together rather quickly. I thought she couldn't walk upon first seeing the cane, but the next few panels avoided showing her eyes and then she clicked her mouth before describing what the other lady wore, which made it extra obvious that she's blind. Sure, I could have written my stream of thoughts in a more long-winded manner, but in my mind that was so obvious I didn't feel the need to elaborate. I think anyone who has seen a documentary about Ben Underwood would have jumped into the same conclusion immediately.

Dex-chan lover
@Lithe I agree.

@tripledraw Yeah it's looking very very likely at this point, and if Souichi can use Echolocation he probably also has very enhanced hearing, so you might be right on that one as well.

@oka-tan "In Einstein's general theory of relativity, gravity is treated as a phenomenon resulting from the curvature of spacetime. This curvature is caused by the presence of mass. Generally, the more mass that is contained within a given volume of space, the greater the curvature of spacetime will be at the boundary of its volume.[16] As objects with mass move around in spacetime, the curvature changes to reflect the changed locations of those objects. In certain circumstances, accelerating objects generate changes in this curvature, which propagate outwards at the speed of light in a wave-like manner. These propagating phenomena are known as gravitational waves."

"In 1922, he was awarded the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics "for his services to Theoretical Physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect".[10] While the general theory of relativity was still considered somewhat controversial, the citation also does not treat even the cited photoelectric work as an explanation but merely as a discovery of the law, as the idea of photons was considered outlandish and did not receive universal acceptance until... "

Perhaps saying they were considered occultism was a bit of an exaggeration, but even though Einstein was already respected by that time (more like they had no choice but to respect him), most of his crazier ideas were still very controversial especially when first introduced. In fact, the discovery of gravitational waves experimentally happened fairly recently, so it's fair to say that not everyone was sold.

Dex-chan lover
@Lithe The real question for me is why now?

If leader was able to use echolocation all along because he learned it form his "blind mother", and has a mastery of it to the point that he can detect a handkerchief being dropped directly behind him, then why wait after all these rounds to use it? what's with those pocket strats?

@299792458 Just because the experimental confirmation was done just recently doesn't means that people were not sold on it, on the contrary it shows the opposite, it shows that there's a huge enough amount of interest on it, LIGO is not just a cheap project, if people were not sold on the idea the investment wouldn't not have been made, there's a bunch of other theories out there waiting for the opportunity of being refuted or proven who dream of getting that kind of attention.

@Doomroar He started doing it on the 1st turn of 2nd round, not that late IMO. https://mangadex.org/chapter/973531/12

And I doubt he masters it to the level of a blind person who'd use it 24/7. My best explanation is he needed time to establish a baseline of what the room 'sounds' like in relation to where objects and other people are located. This would also explain why he called Baku "such a nuisance" when he was loudly chewing on his kariume - and perhaps why he stopped Baku from walking to his front.

Perhaps Baku was aware of his skill and did that on purpose but I'm still sold on the idea that the kariume was part of his 'neck training' all along (he already ate two since the match started?), which implies that a large part of this match (e.g. that Yakou would 'choose' to involve a poison instead of violence) was his 'magician's choice' all along. I'm also thinking his heart beating extra fast has more to do with that as opposed to just being nervous (though anxiety still probably is a factor)

@299792458 thanks man, but I wasn't the one who theorized that he has enhanced hearing - though I think that could be a natural side effect from echolocation training.

Dex-chan lover
@Doomroar I didn't mean to imply that the fact that it was recently confirmed experimentally meant that people were not sold on it up until recently, but rather that people were not sold at the time, since some methods of confirmation were only recently possible/done. Other experimental methods had already been used to confirm some predictions that followed from general relativity, and LIGO was just about gravitational waves specifically. Seems kinda silly to point this out as we're both aware of these things and we don't really disagree on anything. Good day to you though!

Users who are viewing this thread