Usogui - Vol. 48 Ch. 524 - Endings

Didn't leader say Baku was planning to mess with the time whie they we were waiting for Yakou?

Brilliant!

So I think this happened:

a leap second was inserted here due to the system using UTC time on 24:00 and time difference from UTC to japan (GMT +9) makes it 09:00

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_second

Does this mean Baku was planning his deaths and checks so he could be the one dropping the hankerchief at this exact time?

No matter what happened if Kaji and Marco did not have anything to do with it or did not know about the plan I'll be dissapointed. Maybe it is just me but I thought through the course of the series there was an overarching theme of "I lost last time because I was alone"?
So, Kaji and Marco not knowing what is going on on the "final battle" would be a blow to the gut for me.

I'm gonna award myself half a point for having predicted the sidereal vs solar time trick at UTC+9 weeks ago, but am really bummed for not having considered it would happen in a leap second during Baku's instead of Leader's turn.

So now Leader has to do only 1 minute of near death so there will be at least another round? I guess Baku had prepared for this by rotating the chair, which should mess with his echolocation even if just a little bit.

Assuming this is still Leader under Hal's disguise.

Fed-Kun's army
@drmnenerik He didn't mess with the time. He planned it from the beginning when he got to choose the "Time" for the ban from "Time", "Location", and "Men".

Dex-chan lover
So the refs figured it out last chapter. They all knew he'd do this, or so it appeared to be described. Did Kaji and Marco also figure it out along with them? It certainly doesn't look like it. Either way, they had to be damn sure that Leader wouldn't also know about it.

The time leaps always confuse me. Is Yukiide still in his coma or is he just resting in the hospital? 'Cause at one point Baku and Marco went to visit him and left him that cuckoo clock, right?
Even after this game there's a lot of loose ends such as the Floyd Lee thing with Kaji. I gotta wonder that Karl still has a role to play, at least considering those little snippets of external happenings in this chapter.

Second to the last panel of Baku is gorgeous. It won't replace Caracal, though.

Thanks for this crazy batch!

Dex-chan lover
Easy. Hahahahahaha. I can't believe people were thinking that Baku had given up last chapter, even the readers got rused. That old artstyle reaction face was golden, and the appearance of Baku's beloved Kariume. I feel like this is kinda dangerous for a last gamble, because I think Hal will definitely come out of this near death alive, seeing as it's his 4th time (even though that already is ridiculous), so I wonder if Baku has anything planned in that case... Anyways, thanks for the batches as always.

What kind of evil souls would you have to have to stop the batch on this chapter :))) How, why, when, what, who ... ?
We need at least 2-3 more chapters to begin to understand wtf just happened and now we have to wait another week at least for them :)))
Anyways thanks for the batch, I was just kidding about that I know translation is a free service and shouldn't be taken for granted if it weren't for you guys we wouldn't have this jewel in our lives.
Thanks 3000 for your work.

@Lithe there's still an "epilogue" arc after this match and sadly I hate to see the story is wrapping up now as I still want sa big brain moments.

Liar Game was my favorite gambling manga, but after reading Usogui, LG kinda pales in comparison. LG is still a great series (except for that final arc), but Usogui is just on another level in terms of storytelling and psychological wars (that world building and chekov's guns are at the level of One Piece).

@edwardnewgate64 Could you imagine Baku in Kakegurui? He would make stans out of Yumeko and the President. He would literally own the whole school and the student body! I like Kakegurui too but Usogui is an apocalyptic eldritch monster of mythical proportions. Baku and co are just too damn cool and ubermensch.

I'm glad I got to read such a masterpiece of a manga by Sako-sensei. I love all the gambling, thriller mangas I've yet read but yeah, Usogui is unparalleled among them par excellence. The flagship of gambling mangas, that's the finest compliment I can give it. ☺

And yeah I'm a Baku fan so this chapter was super nice for my heart. Yakou's r*pe face though! Dang! 😅

Dex-chan lover
But isn't the actual revelation of how Baku did it happening next chapter? why are people celebrating their theories being right already? not everyone can be right with different theories, what is with the rush?

Also Hal could always comeback from this one.

Fed-Kun's army
@silentshot you are assuming that Baku didn't own the school. With the kind of money and power he has, I am not surprise that the school is his.

Users who are viewing this thread