Usogui - Vol. 49 Ch. 537 - The Vices

Fed-Kun's army
YESSSS. Thanks translators for letting us know Souda Eko is talking in the bubbles, totally changes the feel of last few pages

Group Leader
the exposition from the last few chapters just screams "axed" to me

I doubt it was axed like people say. I think it's more likely he just got tired or felt the story didn't need another expansion past baku coming into power. There really wasn't any reason to add new villains after Hal vs baku peaking the series

Double-page supporter
Impressive. The idea of Eko focusing Baku's goal and driving his motivation is really well done. In watching Souichi's tape, he basically was inspired to become what Eko believed Souichi could be. His motivation was basically to usurp Souichi's "destiny". I think that's a really interesting motivation.

Also nice to see Karl go nuts one more time for old times sake.

also lol no Japanese story can do without the 7 vices/deadly sins/etc

I'm very satisfied with the conclusion of Baku's battles, however I hope the manga doesn't make it so that he completes his world-level goal during this last volume but leaves it in the air.

Is the guy on the background supposed to be one of the "mouths" that backed Baku with money during the Sawatani gamble way back?

Aggregator gang
It's an interesting way of tying things up. But you know Baku would never achieve something so big and then just sit around, creating world peace. Perhaps he wants to refocus the desire for "violence" into "gambling"? Or maybe he becomes the secret founder of the Kakegurui high school to develop more gambling talents? lol

Fed-Kun's army
Dang, I'd be lying if said I wasn't a little bit disappointed with how quickly things seem to be wrapping up. This is all really interesting setup. Would've loved to have a whole arc with Baku as leader furthering his conquests. :(

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter! and also thanks for using my suggestion for the name change (assuming that's where it came from...)! Seeing it made me very happy!!! ^_^!!!

The scene of Floyd being unable to contain his excitement over telling Kaji the conspiracy is adorable, haha.
Also the mysterious figure in the last page's outfit looks very similar to (one of) Baku's. And his words seem to imply he knows Baku....

Dex-chan lover
Attain world peace through being the evil that dominates all. Baku wasn't messing around when he told Yakou that after the abandoned building after all.

I've been thinking about why Baku took ~8 years to reappear after losing StL the first time. Originally I figured it had something to do with the L-file being set up, and him just playing it safe until he could be pretty certain. With this revelation of it always being Baku's goal to behind the "Supreme Evil", maybe it was actually Sadakuni's return that prompted Baku to set his plans for the second StL into motion. He knew Sadakuni would have something to do with an "external evil", being a rebel affiliated with some unknown organization, plus he was the one who got Nowa to set up that match to begin with.

This is building up to either a timeskip out of nowhere, or an open end where Baku sets his sights on something past the Vices. It's sad to see it end; as others have said it before, the discussions and analysis within these comments sections were really enjoyable to take part in, especially when this manga's been finished for almost 2 years now.

Users who are viewing this thread