Usogui - Vol. 49 Ch. 539 - Plan A

Power Uploader
Greatest of all time. Zenith of the medium. Hallmark of media. Gold standard of storytelling. Apogee of creativity. Vertex of invention. Crest of ingenuity. Acme of imagination. Pinnacle of innovation. Epic of epics. Legend among legends. Peak fiction.

I wonder if this was axed since the last few chapters felt hella rushed. Thanks for the scans, was a fun read.

Dex-chan lover
Many thanks to team Duwang for translating all this, and for all those lovable collection of clues at the ending of chapters

I am not satisfied with this unexplained ending though. Why is Hiruma Souchi no longer catatonic? What happened? Was he pretending to be so braindead earlier?
What happened to Usogui? Is he still alive, why? If Hiruma took back Kakerou, why did he let Usogui just leave with his life? Are usogui and Hiruma souchi somehow working together now?

I understand that the author WANTS it to be unexplained. But it doesn't really meet my expectations. You can have an open ending even if explain just a little bit more, and especially at the ending not explaining these kind of important things is... not good imo.

All in all, Usogui was good, and in some arcs great. But I don't like this ending very much, and not because of what happens, but because it "just" happens without explanation

Dex-chan lover
I'm satisfied with the ending. It's basically an "the adventure continues" ending but the author makes clear what will go on, Baku has Kakerou now as an ally with Hal and he has to fight against Vehizoma and this Gonen too. Leave it to Sakio to introduce an interesting villain right in the last chapter.

Thank you so much for all your work Team Duwang, I love this series and you guys.

Dex-chan lover
Belated thanks for the amazing work to Sako Toshio, and many thanks to Team Duwang for being the all around best scanlation team I have ever seen. I will definitely miss this one. It's been a wild ride.

Fed-Kun's army
I remember the manga page saying there's 541 chapters. What happened?

Lmaooo so that's the dude that got Baku's heart?

So cmiiw, on the off chance that Hal doesn't comeback, Baku intended to bear the 'leader karma' and continue 'world domination' as Kakerou leader. However, since Hal came back, everyone gets their bargain. Baku got his soughtafter peak gamble which is StL, and Hal came back as the leader with much more experience as a gambler. Baku is off into another journey with Marco and Kaji, while Hal continues Kakerou legacy. The Vices and World domination thing were merely a set up for this 'new journey' ending.

What a great ending. I spoiled myself early on a few years back reading the RAWs, and it's nice to finally see the end. I hope Sako Toshio revisits Usogui in the future, I'd love to see Hal and Baku do some even more insane gambling games.

Users who are viewing this thread