Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 6 Ch. 54 - Resolution

Dex-chan lover
I don’t care?? You killed the person who hurt you already?? Move on with your life please. There’s a difference between your adult teacher orchestrating bullying, burning you with chemicals, & threatening you and Miho spraying Komaki with a hose?? There’s also a difference between the teacher example and Seo?? Seo is just a bitch. (Not to say she’s not a bully though, but she’s reformed now.) shouldn’t your grudge be towards adults rather than just bullies in general?? Go kill Akiras dad or something.

I don’t care?? You killed the person who hurt you already?? Move on with your life please. There’s a difference between your adult teacher orchestrating bullying, burning you with chemicals, & threatening you and Miho spraying Komaki with a hose?? There’s also a difference between the teacher example and Seo?? Seo is just a bitch. (Not to say she’s not a bully though, but she’s reformed now.) shouldn’t your grudge be towards adults rather than just bullies in general?? Go kill Akiras dad or something.
exactly.. there are varying degrees to it. idk how teenage girls bullying each other (while ofc it is wrong) is comparable to adults that abuse children. the student council is jus fuckin annoying

MDC

Dex-chan lover
God I hope these 2 burn in hell, they already got their revenge and now act as if they have some sort of moral high ground. Fuck em.

Dex-chan lover
This kids just enjoying to do whatever he wants to whoever he dislikes. He ain't an impotent tragic hero doing as best he can while knowing the wrong in his ways, hes just an enormous piece of shit who enjoys leading people to death while never seeing then as humans.
To dehumanize someone is to be a monster, he goes even further and becomes something worst than a giant piece of self conceited shit.

Last edited:
While some people might be better of dead, it is not your place to decide it.
It should be given to the justice system to decide the punishment for the crime

Dex-chan lover
Here's my take on the writing of these characters:

Mikami and Satsuki have similar goals but different methods. Both of them want a better outcome for people they view as victims. However, Mikami focuses on killing those who create victims while Satsuki focuses on saving anyone who dies indiscriminately. The reason for these opposite approaches to create a better outcome stems back to their childhood.
In this chapter, we see that Mikami witnesses an ongoing abuse towards Satsuki and she is completely helpless. He sees that every day, his classmates continue bullying her and using her as entertainment. The teacher also supports this ongoing abuse and even makes sure that Sayoko stays where she is to uh...better manage the class? I guess she sees it like that cuz people do unite when facing a common enemy but applying that in a classroom setting is so fucking stupid...Anyways, he sees that and decides to take it into his own hands and kills her. You know why? Here's an important point: Mikami has always had a strong sense of justice. We see this when Mikami demonstrates that he is not willing to bully Sayoko even though the rest of the class does this. He is even willing to stick up for her even though his peers and someone of higher authority pick on her. You can argue that he had alternative choices instead of laying the pencil on the staircase to address the situation. He could have gone to a trusted adult or asked the teacher why she was doing what she was doing and I personally agree with that. There were better choices. However, Mikami is a child. And you know what a child is? Impulsive and gullible. Mikami is not an exception. He sees an opportunity in front of him, his 7-year-old brain can't comprehend if it is right or wrong and in sheer desperation, he does the act. Now this is the important part: He was told that his actions were valid. The gullible part of being a child kicks in. Right after he kills the teacher, his conscience looms in and he realizes what he did. But that goes away quickly. Why? Because the first reaction he get's after his first kill is Sayoko immediately thanking, hugging and most importantly validating his actions because the teacher who made her life a living hell is finally gone and it's all because of Mikami. When he sees that his actions are validated, Mikami from then on views murdering people who cause others pain as the right thing to do. And values instilled in a child often transfer when they're older. That's why he acts the way he is today.

TL;DR
Mikami acts the way he is because as an impulsive and gullible child, he killed a person abusing his friend, was validated for doing that, and this ideology carried over to the events of the manga.

Do I agree with Mikami? FUCK NO. Not in a million years. Massive Jerk. What happened to him in the past is not an excuse for killing his classmates. For fuck's sake, he does not by any means have the right to be a judge of who lives and who dies. A person has to study law for 7-8 years and be a lawyer for at least 10 years before having the right to decide the fate of someone's life in a court case as a judge and this mf kid thinks he can do that? Naw, be so fr. His fav anime is 100% Death Note.
I also think the mangaka doesn't agree with Mikami either. He portrays him as the biggest asshole to the MC and is the villain for a reason. The mangaka made this chapter not to justify Mikami's actions but to lay some sort of perspective on why he acts like this. Think about it. He acts like a sociopath but with the belief that he is doing the right thing so of course there's gonna be a backstory of him being a decent kid until his sense of justice got warped. Nobody is born like that. Also, I believe this is going to lay a foundation for an eventual backstory of Satsuki who will likely experience the complete opposite.

Mikami in his backstory does this: See's a possibility of death, acts with this knowledge, is rewarded.
Satsuki in her backstory might do this: See's a possibility of death, doesn't act with this knowledge, is punished.

anyways its 4am peace out.

Users who are viewing this thread