Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 8 Ch. 72 - Back and Forward

Dex-chan lover
So she really did try to turn a new leaf if what she's saying is true.
I don't get why Seo had to be evil for some reason randomly. Unless I'm forgetting something, there were no clues about her still being evil.
And I still hate the prez as well, what an unlikable character who died like a fucking bitch. "I just wanted to protect that smile UwU :'( "

Dex-chan lover
So she really did try to turn a new leaf if what she's saying is true.
I don't get why Seo had to be evil for some reason randomly. Unless I'm forgetting something, there were no clues about her still being evil.
And I still hate the prez as well, what an unlikable character who died like a fucking bitch. "I just wanted to protect that smile UwU :'( "
You poke a lion with a stick enough times and eventually the lion is going to do what lions do. If she'd just been left alone she never would have gotten to this point but Prez and her former victims had to keep poking the lion.

Double-page supporter
I don't understand some of these comments, claiming that she's being portrayed as evil for the sake of it or that it's a sudden nosedive. Did you people miss the part where she tripped Satsuki downstairs for a laugh? Or when she tried to extort money off Satsuki even though she knew, deep inside, that she was speaking the truth, being suicidal and all? Or when she swapped salad oil for something much more flammable with the intent to kill Miho? Or when, after her suicide attempt, to get away from the self-destructive persona that she'd built up for herself, she faked amnesiac to start anew and got treated like shit by all who sought payback? Or how Komachi straight up told Seo that she liked her better as a maniac, right after another session of harassment she had to endure? This is not about morals, so it doesn't matter whether they were in the right or not here. It was not sudden. She was fucked up before, tried to contain it and it blew up in her face, so she's simply back to her usual self. It's like you people have been speedreading.

Dex-chan lover
You poke a lion with a stick enough times and eventually the lion is going to do what lions do. If she'd just been left alone she never would have gotten to this point but Prez and her former victims had to keep poking the lion.
I don't understand some of these comments, claiming that she's being portrayed as evil for the sake of it or that it's a sudden nosedive. Did you people miss the part where she tripped Satsuki downstairs for a laugh? Or when she tried to extort money off Satsuki even though she knew, deep inside, that she was speaking the truth, being suicidal and all? Or when she swapped salad oil for something much more flammable with the intent to kill Miho? Or when, after her suicide attempt, to get away from the self-destructive persona that she'd built up for herself, she faked amnesiac to start anew and got treated like shit by all who sought payback? Or how Komachi straight up told Seo that she liked her better as a maniac, right after another session of harassment she had to endure? This is not about morals, so it doesn't matter whether they were in the right or not here. It was not sudden. She was fucked up before, tried to contain it and it blew up in her face, so she's simply back to her usual self. It's like you people have been speedreading.
The main problem with these logics, as Shiina points out, she CLEARLY jumped from just being a bitch to being a total psychopathic murderer.
She never was a good person, and it is clear she likes to cause trouble for others, but there is...a lot wrong with a 16-year-old girl wanting to be a straight terrorist, especially with the incompatible foreshadowing.

Murdering Prez makes sense as a Poking the Lion moment. Wanting to watch the one person that believed in you blow herself up stopping your scheme because LOL EVUL makes...substantially less so. Especially since there is NO WAY YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH SUCH.

That really is the tipping point in this argument.

Dex-chan lover
That fact that she's a sociopath isn't the issue. It's the fact that it comes off as really fucking silly. I was never expecting too much nuance from a series with mostly two-dimensional characters but the moment Seo revealed herself to be a evil cackling super villain is the moment she crossed the line into being a complete caricature.

More than that it feels like a culmination of the worst parts of the story up until now. Like, of course the plotline of a bunch of lead poisoned psychopathic teenagers with overcomplicated schemes ends with the most psychotic overcomplicated scheme of all. There was something in this series I really enjoyed but this isn't it. Which is why when we reached the final most grandiose and asinine version of it last chapter it completely lost me.

Dex-chan lover
The main problem with these logics, as Shiina points out, she CLEARLY jumped from just being a bitch to being a total psychopathic murderer.
She never was a good person, and it is clear she likes to cause trouble for others, but there is...a lot wrong with a 16-year-old girl wanting to be a straight terrorist, especially with the incompatible foreshadowing.

Murdering Prez makes sense as a Poking the Lion moment. Wanting to watch the one person that believed in you blow herself up stopping your scheme because LOL EVUL makes...substantially less so. Especially since there is NO WAY YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH SUCH.

She tried to kill Miho and Michinaga as early as chap 21. She was already WAY past the point of being "just a bitch".

Dex-chan lover
The only thing I won't be able to understand, assuming Komachi is really the BBEG orchestrating all this, would be how convoluted the entire thing has been. Even Seo's decision to (re?)turn around and bite couldn't have been a sudden event. There are too many uncertainties involved in here for a Big Bad Plan™ to even remotely work, and unlike a very few number of Big Bad Plans™, there doesn't seem to be any fallback or even any guarantee for any of the uncertainties.

Heck, even Shinji from LycoReco actually made much better plans in forcing Chisato to be a killer, and the plans by Heavenly Father God from Futekigousha to replace Anos with Avos was surprisingly solid, too. I'd hate for a good series like this to have a much less coherent Grand Plan than Futekigousha of all things lol, and this isn't even a shade at Futekigousha.

The only answer to this would be if Komachi has some real OP mystic eyes, in which case I don't see how she could be beat.

Aggregator gang
It's not "like" they have been speedreading. Most of these people definitely have.

Dex-chan lover
Fucking hate how hard people are shitting on this because a villain is bad. She was an evil bitch the whole time, briefly tried to "turn over a new leaf" when it seemed like a good time, didn't get the results she wanted so relapsed. If she can't get away from her past why even bother. Probably has Komachi egging her on as well

Dex-chan lover

She doesn't care anymore. It's implied both in this chapter and in the one where Satsuki tried to pay her to not come to school that she realizes that things probably would be better if she were dead. She knows she's hopeless so she's going to end it all but she's also a psychopath (in the clinical sense, not the general sense) and seemingly intends to take as many people with her as possible. But I think it's pretty clear that she doesn't intend to make it out of this or live past today.

She's also almost certainly doing it with encouragement and help from Komachi.

Double-page supporter
Author is flip-flopping between "continuing to reject someone who is trying to do better makes them want to do even more bad things" and "bad people are inherently bad and irredeemable." Make up your mind man, are you trying to make a statement about the punitive "justice" system or are you trying to be an authoritarian

Users who are viewing this thread