Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 9 Ch. 79 - Reason

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! Well that's certainly not what I was expecting, but it's probably a better outcome than I imagined.

Dex-chan lover
Final Boss reveal, although Death following her is just speculation on her part, though it makes sense considering everyone she cared for died.

Dex-chan lover
Yes finally some Komachi background!!! It sucks that her arc might end up being the last one of the story but I'll enjoy all the attention Komachi is getting...:meguuusad:
Thank you for the update!

Dex-chan lover
Reminds me of a guy who claimed he could see a black aura around people who will die. It’s been maybe a decade, but it was on a Japanese horror show where celebrities would ride on a bus and go to haunted places/listen to scary stories. They’d occasionally bring in guests or random celebrities. He was one of them.

Dex-chan lover
i just re-read the chapter where prez showed his sight power. now with there are 3 people who can see death, each of them have different kind of how they see it

Satsuki: the premonitory corpse appear a day before the person’s death. used to save person’s life.

Kai : also same as Satsuki. but he used it for the opposite, to kill person who he thought as bad.

Komachi : the premonitory corpse appears within the person’s body, which appear as black thing fulfilling the person’s whole body. she does nothing from this power since she thought her existence is a cause of it.

Dex-chan lover
Man... Koma-chan's mum is a looker.
Or was, maybe?
Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Holy heck! A shared universe! Can't wait for Tokiko and Komachi crossover now.

Thank you for translations! Makes me wonder if she's actually is a magnet for death or just can see people's time approaching its end.
Wait, what?
can you tell me who Tokiko is and of which series?

Dex-chan lover
She's a little kid explaining the barely intelligible concept that the magic death gas she sees everywhere follows her around and sticks to anyone in its way until they die. It's not as refined as you're expecting. Again, she's a little kid. This flashback arc surely isn't over and she'll probably have a clearer understanding of her power in time.
Thanks. Without seeing the rest of the Japanese in those panels for more context (so only using the rest of your English translation for that context), in my opinion,
「こま子のほうにゆっくり流れてくる」is better translated as "it slowly, continuously, flows towards Komako" (I think just referring to herself in the third-person instead of using proper pronouns is the only part of that phrase that conveys she's a kid. Otherwise, the sentence is just a normal sentence)

I think that helps make the dialogue make a lot more sense.
Also, thanks for sharing your work and providing that additional information!

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

thats actually really a really cool ability if it werent to haunting

Dex-chan lover
Is it too many Stand user in one school :thonk:
tksptkcmzre71.png

Dex-chan lover
neato. It's pretty cool to see the simularities between the author's previous work and this, Komachi comes off as essentially the previous protagonist in comparision to Satsuki's more proactive approach.

Dex-chan lover
Tokiko is the main character of Walk to Death by the same mangaka who's adoptive father dies and then everyone around her start dropping like flies except for her.
well I wouldn't say that last part is completely accurate but otherwise a great summary of that series.
Thank you for the chapter. Yeah her mom was just full of red flags the further into the flashback we went wasn't she? If Koma survives this I have a feeling that holding hands will be involved in some way.

Dex-chan lover
well I wouldn't say that last part is completely accurate but otherwise a great summary of that series.
Look, it's accurate for the first few volumes and everything that makes it eventually inaccurate is spoiler heavy, like her friend dying or the serial killer or her not having a soul.

Users who are viewing this thread