Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 9 Ch. 83 - Future

Dex-chan lover
I guess we just ignore this from chapter ONE
md7914.JPG

Double-page supporter
While I wouldn't say no to more of these characters, I feel like this ending is at least fine. I have to agree with people calling it a decent fit for the themes it was trying to convey.

Also, I'd rather that than the series going on for ever until it becomes truly terrible.

Dex-chan lover
Another GL Tag bait 😐

That was "Shoujo Ai" at most, but they ultimately didn't have any concrete relationship throughout the entire manga so far <_<

Reactions: Tlo
I think the ending is quite rushed too but since there'll be more extras I'm hoping it'll resolved the loose ties!! :finnawoke:
Thank you sm for all the translations you've done!! I really enjoyed this series & Aizawa-san thanks to you too, so I'll probably have to look into Sylph too! :D

Dex-chan lover
ignoring the part where u literally walk up to classmates and tell them ur going to die you gonna ignore that part too?

I'm using my "You Forgot Shit That Happened In The Manga" card (again, it's getting a lot of use in this thread). Because apparently you don't remember that Satsuki saved Shiina and LITERALLY WENT ON TO HELP SATSUKI TO STOP DOING THIS.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I got the feeling this was coming. It felt out of control. I even said it needed to be put down.

Alas. The author needed focus. I hope they learned, I'd love to read a more focused story from them.

Dex-chan lover
In hindsight, I guess there were signs the ending was coming but that feels a bit sudden.

Dex-chan lover
Ah I wish the author would've gone and explored why Komacchi is causing death - what if people don't die in a way that can be stopped by simple physical interference ? All in all it was interesting with a unique setting but the ending sure did feel abrupt

Dex-chan lover
Hold strong. Those extras might have the girls love we crave.

This has been labelled a Girl's Love manga... well... that never fucking happened and we were blue-balled over that.

Another GL Tag bait 😐

That was "Shoujo Ai" at most, but they ultimately didn't have any concrete relationship throughout the entire manga so far <_<
Mangadex got it tagged as GL, but does the site or publisher tag it as Yuri?
I know some people will dislike what I'm saying, but if they don't tag as Yuri I rarely expect it to actually be Yuri.
Unfortunately where a manga is published and how it is tagged matters a lot for when a series will actually go Yuri or not.
Pretty sure this is what happened with Stretch in Dynasty Scans, people assumed it was Yuri when it was never tagged as such in the publishing site, cue lots of crying saying that it was bait or even "revenge" because Shou previous Yuri manga was canceled, even though Stretch apparently never was promoted as Yuri at all.

A lot of mangas get tagged as GL / Yuri when they shouldn't because it's just assumption, all it does is create expectations that will never come true.

Seriously, it's not without reason that I  never expect Yuri from non Yuri magazine, unless it's tagged as such, though even then it might end underwhelming and closer to subtext.

@Ninoren , Shoujo Ai is not a thing, stop using that term  slaps

Now I wonder if the extras will redeem the series and show that yes, Satsuki and Komachi really are an actual couple and not just gals being pals, hopefully with a side of Akira x Miho.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL and yay 2 extra chapters! hope they are cute.

Dex-chan lover
It's over already! It was an amazing manga but I wish there had been more it just seems that it was cut to short. I hope the extra chapters give a bit of a better closure to the story because I just want to know more on how they turned out later in life.
Thank you for the translation

Dex-chan lover
What assumption?
It is literally there in chapter one and is never addressed.
The assumption was about whether that opening was implying something of the ending. I never thought it was implying that at all. At best her meaning was ambiguous. Certainly not enough to form concrete assumptions from. There are many events between then and now that, that opening could have been referring to.

Dex-chan lover
I really don't know if it was axed. If you look back, there was really like only 2 main villains.
It was self-contained, but at the same time the ending does seem weak.

Dex-chan lover
The assumption was about whether that opening was implying something of the ending. I never thought it was implying that at all. At best her meaning was ambiguous. Certainly not enough to form concrete assumptions from.
It was never addressed at all though.
Why even put it in there? I'm talking about the room full of dead bodies and blood over everything, not just her dialog. The deaths were never resolved or even acknowledged.
So my original point stands; are we supposed to just ignore that panel and the two before it?

Dex-chan lover
The assumption was about whether that opening was implying something of the ending. I never thought it was implying that at all. At best her meaning was ambiguous. Certainly not enough to form concrete assumptions from. There are many events between then and now that, that opening could have been referring to.

...No. It was an attempt at misdirection and/or foreshadowing. It literally goes back to Prez trying to convince Satsuki that what she's doing is not causing a worse outcome and more deaths. He alluded that that, IIRC, multiple times.

And I guarantee you the mangaka probably saw the Final Destination movie(s).

What likely happened is that changed at some point or was meant as a red herring to make people think that. Go back and read people discussing that cover art. Almost everyone came to that conclusion. For good reason, as we see Prez was implying just that.

Users who are viewing this thread