Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru

GL Tag is back, and it brought another false friend, "Harem". Misleading tbh. I feel tags should represent more main lines of plots.
While this series does suggest Female x Female relationships, it's never anything more than a background aspect that pops in every 20 chapters. Especially since they never went anywhere with the female relationships besides "friends".

People complaining about the GL tag being removed also had the complaint of being baited in the first place. So bringing back the GL tag isn't making things better, and if anything, should stay gone as to not bait more people.

The Harem tag doesn't fit at all. In fact, I'd say there are only two people who actually have any real interest at all in the protagonist. With it only being one person up until the last chapter.
The ending felt rushed and disappointing, with little satisfaction. Many loose ends which leave the series off with what feels like hollow relationships.

I'd rate chapters 1-50 as 8.3/10, but otherwise, 4.6/10 for how it inevitably left me feeling. I wish we could've seen more with the protagonist's dad and maybe a peek into Akira's life after all she has been through.

Damn binge the whole thing in one day. I got hooked sunk cooked and everything. Can't Say the end satisfy me but heh pretty good ride noneless

I just let my thoughts here for anyone thinking like me with Yuri goggles. I just can't see it here, they are all just "friends", even Akira is just a close best friend and the ending is just for the sake of no one dying around. I wouldn't call my group of bros my reverse harem when we walk around doing silly stuff either, but maybe I should, would at least make a topic for an interesting discussion when drunk^^

For everyone who wants to read a bit of a mysterious story with drama and a bit of gore, than it's good but absolutely don't go for it if you are just here for the Yuri and harem tag as I was.

Sad that this ended, felt like it wasn't supposed to end when it did. The art is really beautiful courtesy of Arakawa-sensei, but there was something about the storytelling that just felt a little flat to me - I feel like (and I haven't read the manga in awhile, so correct me if I'm wrong) the characters didn't have much personality except soccer, soccer, soccer. I understand, it's a soccer manga! And I loved it because it was one of the few female sports mangas I ever read that isn't focused on fanservice or cutesy-ness. I just felt like the characters didn't have too much depth. The manga just went from one playing field to another.

Just found out about this manga and I binged read everything in one sitting. I really like this, although the ending could've been better and there should've been at least one kiss. I like both Akira and Komako so for me it doesn't matter who ended up with Satsuki in the end. There are also unresolved plots with her dad and vice president of student council. I was also a bit upset with Michinaga's tragic death. She was also a victim of social peers and manipulation yet in rhe end she couldn't even convey how she was sorry. Ugh again, a great manga but not without lackings. Satsuki is truly an honest often dumbass amazing knight in shining armor. 💜

That ending felt a bit......sudden. And there were times the pacing could've certainly been better. But I binged the whole thing, so the author was definitely doing something right. lol

Users who are viewing this thread