The Color of the End: Mission in the Apocalypse - Ch. 22 - Assault

Dex-chan lover
...well I did wish for faster release in the last chapter's comments LMAO

Fed-Kun's army
Looking back the original body they found doesn't resemble the guy they fought, since it had a differently shaped head and was impaled with what appears to be a spear. It could be that they impale themselves near death to act as sentry somehow to alert others in the area to targets.

Supporter
I feel the same way about similar settings in other stories, like Girls' Last Tour.
Girls’ Last Tour has a somewhat more varied setting, the lack of intrinsic enemies or the heavy mental presence of corpses allowed for more whimsical episodes. This was also helped by the immature characters and their banter. Since they didn’t really have a goal, the setting for GLT was basically an excuse to broaden their horizons, experiencing new all sorts of new things that inspired wonder and maybe introspection. But despite all that, their situation was even more hopeless.

Dex-chan lover
Either someone else managed to beat that executioner before (hence its initial dormant state) or it shut it self down on purpose. Chapter 1 shows that they stay dormant when there's nothing to kill.
The executioner's shield being able to consume energy weapons fire must be the explanation as to why those weapons were abandoned, and why the modified unit the kids found seems to well-suited for melee combat.
The gravesite building has signs of recent life, and the log shows one manned unit that has been sent "out" of the facility as well.

Dex-chan lover
That was just plain Awesome!
I love the Executioner and its Swords and board style of combat. And the Heiki is real cool.
Thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
Looking back the original body they found doesn't resemble the guy they fought, since it had a differently shaped head and was impaled with what appears to be a spear. It could be that they impale themselves near death to act as sentry somehow to alert others in the area to targets.
I think what happened is that the sword grew into the new body, possibly consuming the old one in the process.

Dex-chan lover
Nobody expects a Shadow of Erd Tree boss fight Q_Q

That chapter was much more intense than I thought it would after they got spotted by a sentry (of sorts). Leaves a lot of unexplained details that I hope we will see answers to!

Dex-chan lover
Turning this into an action manga feels like the author has run out of ideas kinda
I don't think having one fight qualifies as turning this into an action manga, if there are more i'll worry but i think this fit in just fine.

Dex-chan lover
Im guessing the monster stabbing itself is making it return to a dormant state?
Or the "monster stabbed itself" look is a dormant-state decoy.
Or even, if you assume that crystallosis can/is designed to turn "compatible" people into new sentinels, someone who did commit suicide, but still got Turned.

That thing is obviously far more developed than the brute-force beasties we've seen so far.. And far nastier..

Users who are viewing this thread