Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - Kouhai and Harassment

Dex-chan lover
@givemersspls okay, i checked the raw and there's nothing remotely close to 'popcorn' or 'screwing around' there. She just say she want to enjoy watching them as a complete bystander. Watching here is as in watching a show or something similar, that's why the guy call her as the bad guy (actual literal translation should be having a bad hobby, tho).

Group Leader
@givemersspls
In fact, the only time Hana is saying anything about harassment is when she is making crap up about Sakurai.

Duh?! Did we not read the same page? "You too, Sakaki-kun! Enough with the sexual harassment!," which makes your argument that it didn't bother Kouhai null and void. I checked the raws and she actually says something along the lines of "severe sexual harassment":

榊さんもぃぃかげん
ひどぃセクハうツスょ
そのへんにしとくッス

How naive of you to think that it's not sexual harassment if the person receiving the abuse does not react in a way you think appropriate for someone being sexually harassed. Just because a girl does not flinch or run away crying does not mean that she does not feel sexually harassed. Perhaps you also think that, "it ain't rape since she didn't report it to the police."

Dex-chan lover
Jepp, Sakaki turned out to be a total arse. Not trying to help his "best buddy" at all, but to get in touch with cute breast girl. And she turned out not to be that naive either. "He's got a nice face, but he's kind of an ass, huh?" Savage, but on the point. It's her kind way of telling him "I know you're after my ass. I'm not interested. Stop interfering and fuck off." It's obvious, that sempai is shy and those kind of questions will invite stupid answers. Sakaki tries to turn things awkward between those two and everyone noticed except sempai. For what reason? It obviously does more damage than good. The protagonists got in a fight.
It let's sempai look like a wuss (that he is), and himself as a confident stallion, just by being annoying. First thing, when trying to hook up with a girl, establish yourself in her conscious. How? Somehow! It doesn't matter, as long as you don't turn into Hannibal Lectar in her mind. Everything from diligent to bad boy is good.

EDIT: Okay, Okay. After reading the last two chapters again, I have to admit, there is a chance, he wants to get his buddy laid. (Just judging from his expressions.) But he still is a destructive force and a hinderence and I'm not convinced he is innocent. In real life his approach would mean what's written above. He's greeting his friend, while pointing a gun at him.

Holy shit the extra panel's with old memes are glorious

WHITE WHALE

HOLY

GRAIL

Dex-chan lover
@givemersspls: "Did you not see that Sakaki is trying to set up Hana and Sakurai (the MCs)?" No, I didn't. I know, that setting both up, is what he claims to do. But all he did up till now, was to start a fight between them. And this isn't just short sighted and thinking too small by my side. It's just what happened. He doesn't need to make MC aware of Hana and Hana definitely doesn't need any help from him, to notice sempai's charms. The whole "Did you have had sex?" thing was to mess around and it did in a bad way.

I know, that this is a rather wholesome manga and that chances are well, that the author portraits him as a jackass with a golden heart and that everything he does, even this here, made sense, but it simply doesn't. Except you interpret a vicious intention into him.
But: >Wholesome manga< and therefore we don't have to fear anything. Yet still I see him as an arsehole. That's just what he is.

Dex-chan lover
And I never said, that I totally okay, with Asai approach. Watching like creep from the sidelines is a bit...But I liked how she stepped in and gave him a piece of her mind, as he went too far.

I for my part say he overstepped the boundaries of good taste, made Hana clearly uncomfortable and he started a fight, just because he wanted to mess around. Even if he just wanted to catch up and stir things a bit up, because he didn't get the answers he wanted from MC last chapter. Today he was the anti-wingman.

This chapter wasn't a kind one for his character development. Therefore I can't see him in a kinder light. But that's just how I see it. ?

Aggregator gang
One thing I learned from Internet discussion is that people can be really stubborn in defending their view even to the point of no return.

there it is, the start of the bickering beta couple. i hope take sensei lets them get together lmao

Users who are viewing this thread