Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! - Vol. 4 Ch. 34 - Kouhai and Blackout

Group Leader
Notice her reaction when she seems to remember he said he loves her.

Dex-chan lover
I meen, this manga is really funny and I like it, but - how it can sell 500 000 copies for 2 volumes, when something really good like Sono Biscue Doll soled only 150 000 at the same amount of volumes? Last one is outstanding and unique, and this - well, there is a lot similar mangas like Uzaki-chan, but still - 500 000, how??? I just don't get their tastes.

Dex-chan lover
@Renard
Since they actually ate beforehand and (he) actually drank at a moderate pace during the movies (she just nursed the one beer to stay sober to mess with him), it's likely he wouldn't have been that hungover. She, on the other hand, slammed back a ton of alcohol super fast

Dex-chan lover
You both were sleeping in the same futon with your clothes still on, you dummies

Aggregator gang
@givemersspls that is why i ship him with her mom

@FredFriendly i cant say it really backfired, i would dare to say thing are going really got for her, she got what she wanted and even when she drunk herself to "forget" she didnt seemed displeased with the result.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine the shitstorm had our wingman ripped open some condoms and scattered them around where they slept

Dex-chan lover
@jmann it's simple actually, this one targeted at broader audience while bisque doll was targeted for more niche audience. Uzaki-chan's story can be enjoyed by general public even for normies while sono bisque might only be fully enjoyed by people with some otaku interest.

@Jmann A manga's sales aren't always a sign of how good they are. I can't bring up any specific examples, but that's just how things are, especially with something subjective like manga, games, shows, etc.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I feel sorry for Sakurai. Everyone around him is fucking toxic. The nicest person he's met so far is Uzaki-mom, and she thinks he's a sexual predator.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Of course, nothing... NOTHING is more important than the end of your holiday.

Not even the fact that you might have slept in the same bed with a member of the opposite sex

@jmann
I meen, this manga is really funny and I like it, but - how it can sell 500 000 copies for 2 volumes, when something really good like Sono Biscue Doll soled only 150 000 at the same amount of volumes? Last one is outstanding and unique, and this - well, there is a lot similar mangas like Uzaki-chan, but still - 500 000, how??? I just don't get their tastes.

Plenty of reasons. The style(way the story is delivered e.g 4 koma, doraemon-ish, etc, karakai jouzu-ish) , the art (drawing style), the characters (annoying kouhai vs gyaru/annoyed paisen vs enthusiastic doll clothes person), the theme (Those dolls are kinda creepy to me) the opening of the story (to get that initial interest), the manga cover .

From the manga cover+summary alone, I already knew what Uzaki was going to be and I knew I would like it.
I read one chapter of Sono bisque and I am still on the fence as to whether I would enjoy it.

Also, Sono bisque is a basic romance story. Characters help each other out, find ea other attractive, yada yada yada, a little angst somewhere, get married, profit.
Uzaki is a trollmance story. Where A annoys B till they get married. Profit.

Basically, they appeal to different interests.

@ThirtyDigit Basically, he is 'questioning' our tastes, wondering why good unqiue stuff don't get more sales while average commonly used stories like these are more popular. I tend to ask myself the same question every time i see things like Dragon Ball.

Supporter
yes, I'm sure if you got drunk and fucked you would both wake up fully clothed /s

WHY YOU NO MARRY?
PIN-WHYUNO.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread