Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! - Vol. 5 Ch. 47 - Kouhai and Kouhai's Dad

Dex-chan lover
@Rozzak His frame is fine. I hope you were joking.

I'm a lot smaller than him and have benched more...in middle school. : /

Unfortunately people today are weaker than they used to be. There's less incentive to be strong so you see it less often. That's where the phrase "You're stronger than you look" comes from.

There isn't a strong "look". You either have enough muscle mass or you don't, period. The chest can be trained even if you have a disadvantageous frame. That's what my dad did for me when I was growing up.

Source: Father is former bodybuilder

3x10 at 100kg, yeah okay lol

That's an outrageous amount. Being able to bench 100kg even once is a pretty major accomplishment.

Double-page supporter
Hana's mom's approval is on the good side
Now Hana's dad's approval is on the gray side

Seems both will be in an agreement soon enough

To be honest I was wondering when they were going to show the dad or if they were gonna leave it open ended if you know what I mean :)

Uzaki Fujio in his prime time:
71068ef98a9fda29b3785bf6042d82283d44cbdb.gif

Fed-Kun's army
@mAceOfHearts That's definitely above average for Japan, but not far from achievable. 3x10 at ~220lbs would likely set his 1-Rep maximum at >300lbs, which I would guess based on his build is 2x his bodyweight, roughly. It's impressive no doubt, especially for his age and lack of training for at least 2 years. But hey, I was 20 once too. There's a lot you can get away with in your prime...

Supporter
@Groceries It was 3x 10, not 30 reps in a row. And 30 reps in a row is possible at the Combine (the Combine bench is 225 lbs). Usually only big men break the 30 barrier, though occasionally a skill position player gets there. Some dude put up 44 reps this year.

Though, definitely not a realistic number for not having trained in a few years.

Meanwhile...

On a Smith machine (hey, my apartment complex's gym doesn't have a bench rack, okay?) I did 1x 12 and 2x 10 this morning of... 110 lbs. Yeah. Not quite on the same level of Sak. I don't lift to get big, but still...

Dex-chan lover
@JagdPanther

Haha. Yes I know it wasn't 30 in a row. I focused on the last set which is how I got to around 14. I'm definitely aware of what guys can do at the combine. That's why I called BS on what he did in a slice of life manga. I only looked at the last set since that's where he did the most and compared that to some players at the combine. Looking at the total sets/reps he did at that weight for the amount of time away from lifting makes it even more absurd unrelated to combine performance.

Now if they were already doing unrealistic things in this manga to justify that, I wouldn't say anything about it. 😉

Supporter
@Groceries Oh, duh. Good point. I completely forgot about the fact that he did more than 10 reps on the last set.

And, yeah, I'm not saying it's realistic at all. No training for 2+ years and you put up 10/10/14 of 225? Yeah.... no.

Users who are viewing this thread