Vengeance of the Heavenly Demon

What is with "Heavenly Demon" term? I have seen it used in a lot of mangas. Is it a common element in asian folklore? I wonder what story it was originally based on.

@evgenijm86
I believe it’s a title in Murim/Wulin for Wuxia stories (same thing, depending on whether you’re reading it in Korean or Chinese). Since a lot of stories are set in Murim you ofc have the same recurring organizations, the same titles, the same/similar political dynamics, etc. Because it’s just the same setting with different characters. This setting also has some relation to history, although idk what percentage and which parts are historically accurate.

In this particular case though, it’s just an odd translation of the original title.

I read some chapters ahead and o boy the MC is a piece of trash, he spares everyone..to be fair the story is pretty f*cked up, the MC mother stayed with the guy that supposedly killed her son so.. (not to mention that he was badly treated since a child..)

the revenge that was build up with his family? didn't happen, he beats the family head, not only spares him but gives him money as a compensation, later other family tries to beat the family head and the MC asks for help(from the auction house), yep he wants to help the guy that crippled him and trow him away to die

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

The main character is trash because he's not a vengeful sociopath? Surely it's the story that's trash?

Aggregator gang
Cultivation levels from weakest to strongest:
Yellow
Black
Earth
Heaven
Wildered Lands
Blackened Skies
Silver Moon
Celestial Star
Vast Expanse
Great One

By the way this was picked up by disaster scans

Aggregator gang
7 months since last update
should have looked first

@Uthred what would you do to someone that abused you as a child then left you to die

If you google for the title theres ongoing translations elsewhere

what kind of shitty mind author has? I don't understand. Revenge story. People constantly using you, trying to kill you etc. Yet you never willing to kill your enemies. Imho this is just a waste of time.

My big gripes with this comic are: 1) the fights are needlessly long and boring. Each fight has like 5 chapters in which nearly nothing happens. Sometimes you get 2 chapters in a row, in which they just power-up some attack. Just so much filler.
And 2) the main character is just so annoying and such a little kid. Never kills anyone(and leaves enemies alive), falls for literally any trick a bad guy pulls(especially girls) and is just generally pretty stupid.

Besides that and some more minor annoyances, this is pretty decent. The art is pretty good, the translation quality is fine and the overall world and setting is pretty nice as well.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Tch another retard mc. No wonder noone continue translating it

Users who are viewing this thread