Versus - Vol. 3 Ch. 10.2 - Battle to Defend Humanity’s Base (Part 2)

Power Uploader
i wonder when we get to see that god enemy in action tbh

Same. I've been wondering why god is so problematic in their world. Maybe it's a petty god who'll send calamities and plagues for the slightest disrespect. But I think it's more likely that it demands sacrifice to do anything humans want of it. Like, sacrifice a child for rain to come to parched crops.

And if that is the case, maybe god isn't particularly picky who they offer as sacrifice. It will be hilarious if they end up offering Kiva's name in exchange for wiping out the aliens after they're done with the rest of the demon army.

Group Leader
After a year of VERSUS, I've decided to make a ranking of the natural enemies, according to my opinion and what we've seen so far:

1- Demons (the great demon king and his 47 kings)

2- Machines (they're basically various Mahoragas)

3- The wrathful god (if he's not a "fraud" he's possibly absurdly powerful)

4- Cosmic demons (their appearances are deceiving, so it's possible that they're mini Saitamas)

5 - Calamities, aka Kaijus (self-explanatory)

6 - Curse (after all, it even affected stars, possibly killing all of humanity, if it only affects the environment it's still valid in the ranking)

7 - Parasite (if it gets a powerful body, screw it)

8 - Giant tree (so far it hasn't shown itself to be conscious or to kill humans, but I feel it's quite strong)

9 - The game (after all, it has brainwashed the humans of its world)

10 - Giants (they're dumb, but they're very strong and resilient)

11 - Neo humanity (the real problem is that they attack in absurd groups, apart from that, they can be killed by ordinary weapons)

12 - Animals and plants over humans (a random giant killed a giant mother animal with a single punch, they're not very tough apparently)

13 - "Mad Max" humans (unless they show skills over humans, they are forever lower in the ranking)

Dex-chan lover
After a year of VERSUS, I've decided to make a ranking of the natural enemies, according to my opinion and what we've seen so far:

1- Demons (the great demon king and his 47 kings)

2- Machines (they're basically various Mahoragas)

3- The wrathful god (if he's not a "fraud" he's possibly absurdly powerful)

4- Cosmic demons (their appearances are deceiving, so it's possible that they're mini Saitamas)

5 - Calamities, aka Kaijus (self-explanatory)

6 - Curse (after all, it even affected stars, possibly killing all of humanity, if it only affects the environment it's still valid in the ranking)

7 - Parasite (if it gets a powerful body, screw it)

8 - Giant tree (so far it hasn't shown itself to be conscious or to kill humans, but I feel it's quite strong)

9 - The game (after all, it has brainwashed the humans of its world)

10 - Giants (they're dumb, but they're very strong and resilient)

11 - Neo humanity (the real problem is that they attack in absurd groups, apart from that, they can be killed by ordinary weapons)

12 - Animals and plants over humans (a random giant killed a giant mother animal with a single punch, they're not very tough apparently)

13 - "Mad Max" humans (unless they show skills over humans, they are forever lower in the ranking)
That’s not even takeing into account when they are natural counter to each other or highly compatible with each other to create super factions that could make them go higher on the chart.

Dex-chan lover
Whenever I read a story, I somehow always imagine or try to predict the ending. For this story tough, the best ending would be humanity getting rid of all their natural enemies. But it's impossible for all of them to just kill each other easily. In the first chapter humanity's natural enemy is blanked, there must be a plot twist for that. My guess is it's the author lol.

Group Leader
Isso sem levar em conta quando eles são naturalmente opostos entre si ou altamente compatíveis entre si para criar superfações que poderiam fazê-los subir no gráfico.
I'll be honest, I don't think that even if some weaker natural enemies united in their total number, they would be able to defeat an average group of more powerful natural enemies, like a curse or robots adapted from life, but I find this concept of factions very interesting, and it would be even cooler to see an alliance between the 2 natural enemies who perhaps hate each other more than humans after Alio and the others' plan, what we have left is to see what ONE has been planning for us lol.

Dex-chan lover
I'll be honest, I don't think that even if some weaker natural enemies united in their total number, they would be able to defeat an average group of more powerful natural enemies, like a curse or robots adapted from life, but I find this concept of factions very interesting, and it would be even cooler to see an alliance between the 2 natural enemies who perhaps hate each other more than humans after Alio and the others' plan, what we have left is to see what ONE has been planning for us lol.
I think the current most dangerous combos ate

Neohumans + robots or game- because I think they are smart enough to utilize the tech to make something more powerful be it a super game, upgraded robot, or neocyborg

God+ insert faction- create an angel or saint that can use gods plus its original power

Parasite + biological faction- if they take over a demon lord level body it’s going to be bad with the potential upgrades unless it weakens then with intelligent loss. But I would assume that a parasited tree, super beast/plant, or kaiju would be even worse especially if at that size they started popping out stronger pawns/infintry. If the robots, god, curse, aliens, or Neohumans get ahold of them it may be changed into a worse bioweapon.

I’m not fearful of unintelligent factions, I’m fearful of factions that can upgrade and enslave others. I belive that parasite is the kingmaker faction and whichever faction can control it or be controlled by it will rapidly be the top dog.

What the cosmic devil world guy said reminds me a lot of short story I heard years ago, after years of us sending messages out into space and hearing nothing back we finally one day receive a signal simply saying "be quiet or they will hear you"

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the chapter, this entire two part chapter was beautiful, I love the astra militarum feel of some of the human troops. Rooting for them, when things turn grim dark that's when humanity often finds new depths to tap into.

Users who are viewing this thread