Villain Initialization

The characters are so real and fleshed out. That’s rare even for most manga you come across *cough* isekai *cough*

Dex-chan lover
Can someone take out the Wuxia and Supernatural tag out? It doesn't fit with the theme that the comic is going for

@SemiNoodle The problem with chinese comic is not there are no talented artist or good writer the problem is the system. The system promote total view rather than view per chapter, because of this quality comic with less chapter less appeared on the homepage. Because of this, talented author got burried with bad comic and talented writer went to write novel (magazine/web) . Anyway it will not take too long because there's new website that want to fix this problem and they adapt japanese manga system. You can check https://www.yibenmanhua.com/ (i'm not a shill but just look at the comic at there, better quality than korean manhwa in general because of the system)

another thing is , novel in china is much much popular, be it web or magazine or published, magazine comic in china is died. Novel magazine on another hand, is thriving and this is also the case for chinese otaku. Japanese Light novel and japanese novel is more popular among expert weeb (even though manga is popular too but it's not as hype as light novel). You can just take a look the popularity toward classroom of elite, to aru no majutsu no index, overlord, etc is more popular compare to shounen genre. ( the opposite happened in the west when shounen and manga is much more popular compared to light novel and novel )

Even though comic in china will improve, I don't think the story will be good compared to chinese novel (web/magazine) because novel medium is much more popular in china than comic. (I don't think really good novel will be adapted properly because good chinese novel is kinda hard to be adapted visually (beside romance)). Anyway, I don't know why hongkong style comic never got translation there are plenty on tencent comic ( the bad thing is the genre is the same (martial art and mythology)

Let me repeat myself This is such a quality shit i would even lick my fingers after eating it.
The score does not give it justice. Then again, it realty does in MD where corny vilaness story always gets over 8 even if it's bad.

Oh this is so good. Can somebody tell me why this is only a 7.9 the rating is not doing it any justice

@Yamibi I have always wondered why do ALL of the villainess stories have a good rating no mater how mediocre they are.
Also +1 on this being some good shit.

@Yamibi Its good, but till now I dont know why he is a villain and why does he hate his hero friend so much. Plus, he is supposed to be a genius villain, yet at the same time so dumb too!! I cant give it a 10 even if I want to. Also the translation quality is not good enough, I keep getting confused so thats another point.

Villainous ones having high rating. Yeah, thats way too dumb!! Some are good, but even those are overrated. Ex: I really like Beware of the Villanious, but it was 9+ before even 20 chapters were released, and the pacing then was really really bad. It improved after Ch 20.
Then there are copy paste ones in range of 8.5-8.7 which r not even good.

Overall rating: 8/10

Good story, but character really keeps flopping between being a villain and being "good". His list of friends is increasing, which, as the other villains are pointing out, are all weaknesses. Of course, if he used that big brain of his he is so confident about having, he should take measures to protect all "weaknesses" or make them be able to fend for themselves if they can, such as blue yellow hair dude.

However, he takes 0 measures to do anything for their safety, which would be fine if he didn't care about them, but he does, and it often causes problems in his plans. It's a repeat of planning > plans going smoothly > plans go to shit bc someone takes his weaknesses hostage > fix it w said weaknesses > Normal happy slice of life for a few chs > realize he hasn't done anything evil lately > repeat from first step.

Bc of this, I can't give it a 10/10, or even a 9/10. Def a good read, plenty of laughs, first ch is eh but not that big of a deal as plenty amazing stories have eh or bad starts (jojo, op, etc). However, the story faces a very common problem of a character being a genius but the authour being unsure on how to portray it properly. We see him do this super complicated looking equation at the start, and he makes a few plans that seem amazing but if u look into it really isn't that complicated given his future knowledge.

Also considering his only goal is supposably to kill that dude, he hasn't really been trying all that hard on it. His excuse was not going to jail but like...such a weak reasoning. Also there isn't much reasoning as to why he hates the hero so much other than annoyance of his heroic naivety.

Users who are viewing this thread