Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 22

@Zephyr247 I agree with you. I was hoping that once she saw the state of the other slaves she would offer to buy some of the other ones. I know she can't buy them all because she has to save for romance target 5, but come on. Those poor people didn't seem to be going for that much and they all looked so beat up 😞

Dex-chan lover
Main characters who we're supposed to root for supporting slave auctions and not actually doing anything about it when they have power is like my biggest pet peeve. Hopefully it ends any other way then just buying the dude for loads of money.

@Zephyr247, very refreshing comment in mid of all usual "i ship x with y" kind of comments, my applauds. While I completely agree, I'm also curious how can you stand all these isekai/otome/baby princess shojo comics with standards as high as yours. I mean slavery is not most annoying cheesy plot gimmick that is commonly thrown in just to show how cool MC or ML are.

I was reading so attentively and then it suddenly redirected me to the main page LOL I was cussing out loud. Since it looked like the typical shoujo story I came in with low expectations but I didn't think for it to be this deep. I've finally found a gem 😆😆 Thank you for the translation!! I hope the next chapter comes fast. I'm really curious about Iklies.

wasting a hella lotta money seems to be a common occurrence in these type of isekai manhwas :-/ I mean its fake but..... it hurts my heart whenever they just drop a million bucks of (their father's) money like it's nothing
also thank you for the release!

Hmm I dunno about her buying a slave....wouldn't that further cement her family's ill impression of her?

@orth0dox I’ve found a decent amount of high quality shoujo with great storytelling (isekai and otherwise),and a lot that is beautifully drawn, highly entertaining trash. I am a dedicated fan of both. I don’t see anything wrong with cliches that make sense in context. This is less about taste in stories and more about my own ethical standards. I just have a list of dealbreakers, and slavery and human trafficking are two things that i will drop a story for, even if I liked it up to that point, because human trafficking and slavery are horrible, full stop. And I just genuinely can’t enjoy a story after seeing something like this.

@yingofdarkness I don’t want to see anybody be bought or sold. I don’t understand why this plot point is a thing at all. And what makes it worse is that the author is mostly showing us the scene from the perspective of the nobles, who are there to buy people. Doesn’t that feel weird?

Supporter
Sure the family has the means of ending the auction, but it wouldn't benefit them. Even if they disagree with the process, there's plenty other influential members. If they shut it down, they'll be the target of bad reputation. Nobles have to keep other nobles happy or else their sandcastles will get brought down. Think of it this way, a king can't just go changing things willy nilly without angering the nobles that he relies on....

@Zephyr247 Hm, it is horrible for sure and might be shocking for some but I personally think that it makes the story more realistic (and it’s not impacting the main plot). Not every shoujo must be bright and happy imo. Besides, slavery, trafficking etc are things that have happened, are happening or could be happening, I might be exaggerating but it kind of raise awareness as well I guess. Even though this shoujo is fictional, I think it’s a way of saying : yes it happens, even in shoujo.
But then again, it’s up to your standards and liking of course.

@ShuRin Realism can come from any number of things, and I think it comes down to how the elements of the story fit together in a way that’s true to life. This story is set in a faux European country and is not realistic at all in my eyes. And that’s fine. But violence and crime =/= realism in every story. And one of the most unrealistic things about these types of subplots is that the person who was a slave somehow escapes all of their trauma because they fall in love their owner.

Users who are viewing this thread