Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 25

When I was reading the novel I was thinking that it was strange that iklies favoritism was rising very fast ( from 0 to 18 in mere moments). and the statement that are FML said in the very beginning of the novel, that the villainess route being very hard and that she died every time and saying that it’s very hard to raise all the love interest fevoritism towards her.
That Led me to speculate that iklies favoritism is fake and the moment she takes of her ring or takes off iklies collar off him, Will then make iklies fevrotism to drop very fast and kill her immediately. But now I’m certain that is the case because of the scene where iklies looks at are FML ring when he says “please praise me, master”.
So everybody keep an eye on iklies actions in the future.

@Cams3 I don't think he's ever "cared" for her. I think he's always been quick to condemn her and he's doing the same now. Now if you were accusing him of being neglectful and a bad parent, then I guess you're right. I do think he's neglected her but I don't think the condemnation in this chapter equates to "caring". That's just my opinion though.

@KawaiiH That's a thing? You could be right, in that case that would be very interesting because I sorta don't like the how unbalanced the power distribution in their relationship was. I mean if he's pretending and eventually will get the jump on her, that makes things very juicy. However...I feel like this isn't gonna be THAT interesting. If you're right, it would mean that he's tricked the game system itself. I'm not sure if he can do that but if he could, bravo Iklies, I'm officially impressed.

@RubyG8396 sorry for not explaining it good enough.
i'll try to explain it better what i mean, there exist some games where the game is straight up lying to you like "dark soul" not the remastered version (with the 'tiny being ring' stated in it description to regenerate your health but it doesn't ), or "simcity" (where it stated to not restrict your game but it has a stupid DRM machining that straight up restrict the player ability to play the game itself) or "warcraft 3 reforged" (with it trailer that shows and says new cutscenes, new quests and making the game better for new and old player alike).
what i'm trying to say is that there exist some games where the game developers implemented something in the game that straight up meant to mislead the player itself or they lie to the player, not all game developers do it and there exist very few that do that kind of bullshit.
and we know that are FML is inside an Otome Game and that we know that the game that she is in (specifically the villainess gameplay) where she states it being very hard and that she dies every time {in the beginning of the manga and novel}.
what i'm trying to say is that i wouldn't be surprise that in the game "iklies favoritism" rising very fast meant to be a trap for the players to think that iklies route is the easiest and safest, so that players will choose him and that when they enter his route they will then realise that in fact he is one of the hardest routes you could have chosen in the game.

Dex-chan lover
@KawaiiH While your point is 100% accurate, I believe that the issue with the Tiny Being's Ring in vanilla Dark Souls was more of a translation error (been ages since that was brought up and the wiki changed it to the remake's description, so I could be wrong)

@Volttekka i think you are correct because they did in fact changed it description in the remastered version from regeneration to increasing your HP but it still doesn't change the fact that many players i know of, me included have been tricked by it description and had to redo the game to get a better starting item. at best maybe it was a typo but at worst it straight up lying to the player. i'm not trying to say that the developers of dark souls are pieces of shit because they weren't they did in fact addressed it and changed it and they also listening to their community. unlike blizzard that straight up ruined warcraft 3 and tricked all the fanbase of warcraft in its trailer.

In all my otome games, the guys whose favorability rises the fastest is the one who's most likely the craziest.

Aggregator gang
So...... Since I hate everyone including Penelope and that Ikles guy cause his favorability went the fastest; I'm just gonna go through that Yandere prince thing instead cause like
Grand entrance ya'll
If your gonna die anyway die the best way possible

not really into the master-slave type of relationship but we’ll see how everything turns out cause Iklies is sus😶
and how is Penelope gonna explain to the duke about the 100mill😭

Doesn't she have a pretty good excuse, tho? She was recently hurt phisically by the crown prince and se doesn't seem to have a bodyguard, so by having Iklies be one she would certainly be safer in the future (ofc, that's just in theory). Giving that explanation to her dad would be safe, no?

Also damn I love him already, submissive and likes praise? Hell yeah

Double-page supporter
@JavelinJoe Like, yeah, but also... Why does her father have any reason to believe what she says, lol. I guess I really wanna see how she manages to wrangle her way out.

Users who are viewing this thread