Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 28

@nico-chi a snipe is sniping a recently TLd series man, like you cant just fucking drop something for months and not have it within reason to think it would be picked up by somebody.
Months of inactivity on TLs when raws are available is free game.

Also I will never understand why groups that drop something or hold for months complain / start uploading chapters when its useless. Only exceptions are 1. Better quality or 2." already translated why not upload hehe"

Group Leader
@Meybi again
1. i was quoting the staff to explain the reasons and,
2. there's no set definition for what snipe counts as, what you types is one and another one is working on a series that another group started and didn't plan on dropping

personally i like NASSxBG's quality more and that they don't take donations but i;m thankful to asura for giving us so many updates

@nico-chi Just as a general rule of thumb for TLing I dont give a fuck if they started it, if you stop it for months, and its a good series? or even decent? prepare to have that shit taken from you.

@nico-chi i see no problem with taking donations though? time vs money vs quality, you get that right? but oh well it's a preference(just pointing it out sorry if this came out rude)

Group Leader
@mldyx it's generally frowned upon since scans itself is illegal and groups are profiting off of someone else's work. also because most groups that ask for donations will most likely not drop once there's an official version which takes even more money away from the original creators

@nico-chi isn't called donation for a reason? scangroups can't force us to donate and its one's choice to donate instead of buying the official some might just opt to read redistributions too (the situation with profiting off of someone's work is kinda like those compilation channels in yt lmao)

(please forget the first sentence lmao that was dumb)

Group Leader
@mldyx well they can do things like releasing on their own website (usually filled with ads) before releasing it elsewhere like on MD (no ads) which will help them profit and these groups that do ask for donations are often the ones paying their staff with said donations. while reading the rips of official (redistributions) isn't ideal, there will still be readers who would end up going to the official.

the problem with scans not dropping is that they're usually way more ahead of the official and readers just won't switch over.

take asura (the other group who did the scans for this story) for example. until recently, they were posting on their website first before MD. back in july they picked up omniscient reader's point of view which was dropped by other groups at c10 since it was getting an official and free translation in a month. because of that instead of readers being 10 chapters ahead from the official, it was ~16 and now (after the official did a week of daily releases) it's back to 10 chapters ahead of the official. there's also no confirmation (that i know of) that they'll drop the officially licensed works (im not in their discord)

while im not saying they're the only group that does this and i don't know if this group pays their staff, just in general (and i guess for the lack of a better word, morally), scans are done completely on a volunteer basis to translate works in X language until there's an official

Aaah so tired of all the "snipe" comments everywhere, not just on this manhwa.

Who cares, really? Support and read the translations from the group you prefer, simple as that. Nobody is legally allowed to translate this in the first place, and definitely no group "owns" it!

Just read, and maybe thank the translators. No need to be ungrateful and spew nonsense to the competitor scan groups because that only makes you, as a reader, sound like a dumb group loyalist.

Group Leader
So we're shaming scanlation groups now for asking for donation to reward their effort translating, cleaning, redrawing, typesetting, quality checking isn't easy work which no one is forced to do so?

Also, I am a fan of Bucci Gang's HIGH QUALITY work, but if they're short on staffs and the updates for their other projects are taking way too long that this "sniping" drama is constantly surfacing, maybe they should be a bit realistic and only work on projects they could afford, instead of gatekeeping the projects they're currently 'holding captive' and starting a sniping drama to attack other scanlator groups for picking up a project they've long abandoned.

I'm not saying this without basis. I've seen this happening with their other projects. The sniping drama was nasty.

@Chiiyuu I don't mind groups asking for donations for their work, but I do think it is wrong to ask for donations when said series has an official english version out. Also no idea who is talking about sniping so will avoid the topic. Don't think it applies as sniping after 2 months of complete silence. I do agree that Bucci releases good quality, but they should concentrate on fewer projects instead of biting more than what they can chew.

But yeah if you are going to donate to a series for someone who releases the translation for free you might as well support the official english version since it helps the author. Instead those donations should be focused on series with no official english translation. Well that's just my humble opinion anyone can do whatever they want with their money.

Bucci gang and NASS always do this. They pick far too many series up, even more than they can even begin to translate and not update the series for months. They especially do this with super high quality and popular mangas. If you pick it up and not translate it, can it even be considered sniping? I'm tired of big translation groups calling the dibs on everything and drop it. Also, Asura produces high quality translations too. Stop attacking them. They have a few series on their hands and work hard on translating it. The chapter count doubled when they took this manga on.

Time and time again we see big groups yoink a fantastic series then just sit on it as they called "dibs". If you leave a series for 2 months and don't say a word I find it absurd for them to get so angry about another group coming along and translating it. the group is clearly understaffed for how many projects they take on so I hardly find asura scans at fault when the problem is the absurd amount of projects they take on only to either put on hiatus forever or drop completely. In this case it's at least more justifiable as to the point they had already translated 25 chapters or so but even considering that they broke their own schedule and didn't say a word about it.

By no means are we owed a chapter and i'm thankful for the work that they do, but getting angry at another group for taking on a project that your group is too understaffed to take on just doesn't sit right with me

@chiiyuu They are definitely doing good work and we are all incredibly grateful for them, but I do understand where the other side is coming from. These translation are literally just flat illegal, the same as if one were to say buy a chapter early on webtoon then post it online, or pirate a manga. It's significantly more morally ambiguous as the work only exists in a foreign language and as such cannot be experienced by foreigners who don't speak the language, but the underlying truth of it is still there.

They at it again...
I totally agree that if the series doesn't update for a month or so and there's no info about it being on hiatus then it's completely okay for another group to pick it up.
If you are short on staff, just give up a series or two. Hoarding them, not translating and then blaming people for sniping is just lame.

Still remember the incident with "black healer" where only the final chapter was left and scanlators miraculously disappeared. The moment some random dude posted his variant, they resurfaced and even blamed him for bad quality lol. Should i mention the chapter was uploaded immediately? Meaning they had it ready to fo but stalled for donations.

I feel Asura scans can feel a little rushed with proofchecking mistakes like missing spaces and awkward phrasing, but I think it's fair they took it up since BUCCI GANG/NASS are too busy to release consistently.

While I appreciate all scanlation groups' work, bucci, nass, and whatever other spin off groups of theirs need to stop pulling this shit. It's not a fucking snipe if you fail to update a series for months on end with no updates. Not all of us sit in a discord server waiting on specific scan group updates. Stop picking on smaller groups for doing the work which you imply you will when you call dibs. I roll my fucking eyes so hard whenever I see this drama happen. Asura has like 20 chapters on you guys so if you want to drop it go ahead 🙄 Y'all trying to monopolize all the hottest shoujo mangas and then getting defensive when someone else picks up the job when you let it sit.

All you bucci whiteknights can also stay pressed. Judging from most of the other comments here most people feel the same way.

Asura is not at fault here. They didn't snipe this, it was sitting for 2 months. I thought that Bucci dropped this with the lack of updates and when Asura mass released chapters with only the last chapter missing, I was so happy they decided to pick this up. Bucci has no right to get mad at Asura.

I feel like I’m the only one who’s just been patiently waiting on an update from you guys lol

Users who are viewing this thread