Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Aggregator gang
About her life, it's heavily implied that Penelope always had a rough ride and was abused even before going to that mansion, hence the art showing her dirty, poor and looking sad, the novel tends to imply she always had a rough life, hence why even the original Penelope could eat that food or accept the needles in both modes, her life has been really terrible and i think she hoped that going to a mansion and being part of a rich family would have been her lucky break, but when it didn't come and the abuse stayed, she broke down and just went with a "If everyone will abuse me, then let me be awful!" kind of mentality.

As for the abuse:
Penelope isn't the villainess first life, she had another before where she was an important and liked mage, but due to the actions of a cult, a powerful supernatural being came out that she tried to stop before dying, but as she died, the being cursed her soul, basically, any future life of hers will have it so that people naturally hate her guts and want to abuse or kill her, even if she doesn't do anything bad, people will just mistrust her, Penelope spent her entire life not knowing about her curse and just had people constantly attack her and mistreat her until she snapped and decided to stay in the mansion because, constant abuse from everyone or not, it was still better and safer than going back to being a commoner.

Particularly since Penelope was heavily misanthropic and cynical because, well, pratically everyone she met would hurt her or screw her over, and it's implied she purposefully attacks or acts like a brat to everyone because she lost any faith that people could ever actually like her, the main character taking over her body and soul does seem to diminish the effects of the curse over time though, with some people actually feeling sorry or recognizing they went too far, the maid we see here giving her spoiled food and smirking?

She goes from hating Penelopes's guts to sincerely begging for forgiveness and deciding to help her however she can to make up for what she did to her, and starts to become speechless and wonders what the hell she was thinking giving her that kind of food and abusing her, mostly because the curse stopped working on her and she actually just feels shame and regret at her actions, basically, because of the curse, it wouldn't matter if Penelope was a living saint or the worst person ever, pratically everyone would hate her no matter what.

To not even be able to speak without choices... this is definitely harder than usual. Reminds me of NouCome but more restrictive.

@JWChibi i think only during certain events she cant move her body, like she chose option A so her body does option A. But after shes done she can move on her own.

This is frustrating to read. No one deserves such life, and her throwing tantrums is because of all the sh*tty people around, not because she's spoiled. I can't wait to read more. I guess I'll just look up the novel.

Waiiit, are they all brothers? All of them the Duke's real sons? From the same mother or different ones?
If that's the case, then aren't they the siblings of the real missing daughter Penelope replaces as a fake?
Wouldn't that make it incest..? 🤔

Hope Penny can kick their arses and fall in love with some other dude who was an NPC!

I really want her to just run or something. But the freaking system.
Se had it hard, now it is even harder. She can die like anytime. 😭

Aggregator gang
This is sooo goood!!!! 😭
Thanks for translating this!! You guys are so fast too!! <3 Thanks for your hard work!!

Dex-chan lover
Damn, these guys are horrible and this is only the first one, oof.

Woahh, thank you for the translation!~
I've been waiting for this webtoon to be translated ㅠ ㅠ

@Itaroon I was able to find a (partially) translated version of the novel, so spoilers below but
It was stated (implied moreso) that in the first lead's route, the brothers as a route were just considered familiar love, ie platonic, and not romantic. They were also easier to "capture" in that mode, since it wasn't a romantic love but simply a familiar/platonic love.

Fed-Kun's army
@SilentStorm since you are so informed can you please spoil me more ?
will we see the heroine or since hard mode is prior to the normal mode we won't ?

I read the novel as soon as this got out,and maybe because of the description but it was much more tense like she may with the smallest mistake,she literally almost got killed in the 1st encouter with you know who

Users who are viewing this thread