Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 40

Tysm for this release

Penelope... bruh.... just say ‚I can’t eat with utensils like this’... you don’t have to make a scene lmao
I’ll enjoy it tho lmao

Fed-Kun's army
I'm sure if she would've asked nicely "I think there is a mistake, can someone please change my utensils" no one would've complained and the duke would've noticed that something is wrong...

I guess the author wants to show us that the FL is way to intelligent and will make the made pay!

I see some people are saying that she should've asked to change the utensils. It might seem more logical, but the thing is is that she wants to teach the maid a lesson.

Sure, she could've asked, but the maid could've lied and apologised saying she "messed up" while making it seem like Penelope is making a big fuss over it. The maid would still give her shitty food and nothing would change. The fact also stands that this maid has been doing this for a long time, just like how Emily has been stabbing her with a needle.

Penelope wants to strike fear into the maid just like she did with Emily by basically saying through her actions, "If you keep this up, I'm going to put you through something even worse than hell.", and thus she does this by making the utensils fall. She wants to embarrass the maid and make sure she won't test her again.

I’m not kidding when I say, the next chapters are some of the most cathartic chapters I’ve ever read in any story, and I couldn’t wait until the manhwa got up to this point.

I feel so bad for Penelope like if that was me I wouldn’t even want to live especially since she was treated that way ever since she was a little girl.

SGR

Double-page supporter
@Ghostcake
Not necessarily that.
One other possibility is that she's purposefully drawing attention to the cutlery so that someone else notices and makes a fuss.

Just a warning, you might want to stock up on tissue for the next upcoming chapte- no, for the rest of this story.

I read the novel and goodness, it HURTS...

Users who are viewing this thread