Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 41

Damn, mc backstory is so tragic because people can relate her more rather than those characters that have dark gritty backstory.

I hate everyone besides penelope and emily ig
It feels like a weird fantasy about your abusive ex begging to take u back and treating u like royalty while disregarding the pure shit he made u go thru

It’s not solely head chef’s fault, the family literally fostered this hostile environment to the point where everyone followed suit. Then acting like they didn’t and punishing the chef enough to blacklist her for these actions???? She is one of many servants who abused penelope and affected disproportionately, which mind you was caused by the family’s animosity towards penelope. It’s so fucking frustrating and i want to castrate them all ahhhhhhhhhhh

Double-page supporter
@kawaiidogkittyq

That's kind of the point, no? This family literally doesn't realize they have been facilitating the abuse in the first place. That's the main problem. It's why they seem to think just being a little nice to her since she calmed down would be enough to please her. They can only see the 'wrongdoings' of others but not themselves.

Fed-Kun's army
damn...i kinda feel bad for her...i mean she was bad but...getting fired to the point of potentially unable to get any work with the nobility again? and she's the sole earner of her family?...that's...rough....

Dex-chan lover
I really do hate this family with all my heart. They mistreat and abuse her for years and yet the instance they learn that other people mistreat her they suddenly get all uppity. Fuck off, you guys don't have the right to act like you're good guys here.

Dex-chan lover
@Jayswing103 Is this really all you guys understood from reading this story so far ? It's not like these characters don't have a life of their own. Yes, she was mistreated, but every time they were together with Pennelope, she's making trouble one way or another. Can you really take it in as a child that such a troublesome girl is "your sister's replacement" ? Only Reynold actually held deep contempt for her. The servants were further ruining her life, which made her more miserable, and she turned out the way she is. You only hate them so much because you read each chapter at face value.

I really hate how this butler tried to guilt trip MC by stating the unnecessary about how the head chef is a sole breadwinner of her family. If she was serious about her job, she wouldn't have served trash to the MC.

As servants, they are nothing but employees. They have no right to judge or interfere in the family affairs and hence, their bullying of her was simply uncalled for. If these retards can't see even foresee the consequences of their actions, they deserve to be fired regardless of their families' predicaments.

Urg this is so awful to see all of these terrible persons trying to earn back some favors as if they were all good people first... Damn they all let her live in hell for six f*cking years and now they just wake up and try to be descent and it feels like we should applaud ?! Evil guilt tripping people.
I mean it's good you can reflect on what you did/thought and all but still, I don't want our MC to forgive them, let alone having a romantic relationship with one of the brothers.
I could somehow give a bit of a pass to the brothers, they were kids and they weren't scold so their crualty is.. arg. Still diffiult but, more understandable as their father just dropped a fake sister in their home (I mean, wow!). But the Duke and all of the employees... Even if she was a little annoying capricious kid, you just don't do that to a person. It's the role of adults to guide and protect children.
Just thinking of that poor kid going through all thoses meals and staying silent just to feel like she had a family... 😥

So yes to have cordial relationship (and staying alive), hell no to have more than that. As others already said it's too little, too late.
P.S: I just read all of the chapter in one go so I may be more into it and more on fire than others 😉

Dex-chan lover
Bitch got what she deserved but she screwed over her family as a result.

that's the bare minimum
they treated her like crap
firing one shitty staff isn't gonna make up for all the shit they put her through
they got a long way to go
there's still a bunch of disrespectful people there that had their horrid behavior reinforced by the actions of her brothers and father

Dex-chan lover
So making her eat with toddler's cutlery gets you fired and make it so you can never work with a noble ever again, meanwhile Emily makes her eat rotten food gets a 3 month with no pay and a laundry duty?

tbh, she doesn't owe anyone anything in this damn mansion. they all owe her an apology. thankfully things are starting to change. but what the hell though? all the years she spent in neglect and abuse. they have a high bill to pay.

@Rel_
I don't remember but I think Emily was going to face the same punishment as Donna, but Penny asked them to give Emily a chance because Penny didn't want to trust another maid or something. I'm not sure where I got that lol, probably from early in the novel or in the manhwa but that's what I assume lmao. That's why Emily is a lot nicer to Penny because Penny gave her another chance,

i think the novel is a bit more impactful because she actually says that she's so hungry

Users who are viewing this thread